I have pink eye. I'm on antibiotic drops, any suggestion or advice to heal quickly?

Favorite Answer

There are different types of pink eye (conjunctivitis) and depending on which one is being treated it may take a few days to over a week to heal. Assuming your condition is bacterial it will be a day before the antibiotics start to take effect and another 2 or 3 days before you begin to see the swelling and redness reduced. If your eye is swollen you could apply a sterile compress soaked in a solution of witch hazel as this is been known to soothe the surrounding eyes tissue ( don't let it enter into the eyes itself) and may help the swelling to go down, but use it infrequently, a couple of times a day. Other than that you will have to wait it out. It is not recommended to use any other over the counter salve or drops while you are being treated with the antibiotics. Just give it time and remember to be really conscientious about sharing other peoples toiletries and touching your eyes as these are the most common ways to pass on the infection.

Below is a link (sorry couldn't highlight it) that gives tips to help ward off and treat conjunctivitis. These have helped me as I used to get frequent flare ups.

Source(s): www.health911.com/remedies/rem_conju.htm

Keep your hands away from your face, wash your hands often, get proper sleep, lay off caffiene, make sure you are getting your daily requirements of minerals and vitamens.