How can I detox safely?

I have been on this one pain med for about 6 months. For the last week I have been wanting to stop. The thing is I don't mind having it in the house forwhen I have unbearable pain. But I want to stop taking it daily like my doc tells me to. I get lots of refills so I don't want to talk with her and tell her my plan because I do need it here and there and don't want to wait a week to see her and the pain get bad. My question is. If I stoped today would I have alot of issues and if so how long. Also how long will it take to have it totaly leave my system?

Note: I note an addic I have Lupus.An want to go herbal.

Favorite Answer

Cut back gradually until you are weaned off it.

And to the 1st person, they obv. did not read the question right.

Please respond with the name of the medication. Each pain med is different!

1. Detox Diets:

Diet is an important part of detox. Vegetarian diets are the best naturally for detoxifying the body. Due to the fact that meat takes a lot of energy and enzymes to digest it. Also vegetables and fruit which vegetarians eat a lot of contain high amounts of anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes which help the body cleanse itself.

Chorophyl which is what gives plants their green colour is very detoxifying. Eating vegetables that are very green like spinach will help you get the chlorophyl you need.

Adding spirulina to your diet will also greatly enhance your bodies ability to detox and heal. Spirulina will help speed the metabolism, and is very easy to digest due to it's very basic spiral cell structure. Spirulina is a type of blue/green algae that is full of amino acids (protein), minerals, anti-oxidants, and enzymes.

2. Detox Baths:

Salt Baths are an excellent way to detoxify the body. The salt will help clear toxins and lactic acid through the skin. Lactic acid causes aches in the muscles. It is good to take a detoxification bath once a week while on a cleanse or detox program. Otherwise once a month is good for maintenance.

Use 1/2 cup of baking soda, or 1/2 cup of epsom salt, or 1/2 cup of sea salt.

Adding a smoky quartz crystal to the bath water with help detoxification.

Soak for 15-20 minutes.

Scrub skin gently with a natural fiber scrubber (Loofa sponges work great).

The water will turn murky due to toxins such as heavy metals coming out of the skin.

3. Saunas, Steam Rooms, & Sweat Lodges:

These are also excellent ways to remove toxins from the body through sweating them out. The high temperatures in saunas, steam rooms, and sweat lodges cause your muscles to relax which will allow those cells to release any toxins they were holding when they were tense. When your body is heated up to high temperatures you will sweat, and sweat is a natural way that your body rids itself of built up toxins. The sweat will safely remove these toxins from your body.

Taking cayenne, ginger, lemon, and/or lemongrass will also help the body expell toxins through sweating. Taking any of these in tea form before or during your sweat lodge, steam room, or sauna sessions will greatly facilitate the cleansing process. Also showering after a sweat is important to make sure you've rinsed away any toxins that were eliminated.

4. Tongue Cleansing:

Whenever you go to sleep at night, your body will go into a deep state of healing and will work to remove toxins out of your body through your tongue. When you wake up with bad breath, that is a sign that you have released many toxins through your tongue. This can be seen as varying colours typically white, yellow, or brownish on your tongue. Ayurvedic and Chinese doctors sometimes diagnose people according to the colour of toxins eliminated through the tongue.

It is important to clean your tongue in the morning before eating breakfast to avoid re-ingesting those toxins. To do this you can simply use a toothbrush to brush your tongue clean of the toxins released. Even better is to use an ayurvedic tongue cleaner. This is a device usually made of metal that is shaped with a loop that rakes over your tongue pulling off all the toxins.

5. Juice Fasting:

Juice fasting is an incredible way to detox and heal the body quickly. 30% of our bodies energy is devoted to digesting our food. When we fast we give our consistently hard working digestive system a break and free up that extra 30% of energy which gets re-directed to detoxifying and healing the body.

Drinking vegetable and fruit juices are very cleansing and healthy. They are full of anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals and enzymes all of which are very important for helping the body to detoxify and cleanse. You are also able to drink much more juice than you would be able to eat from fresh fruits and vegetables. For example, you can juice and drink the nutrients from 3 large carrots and a couple of heads of lettuce easily, whereas it would be harder to sit down and eat them all fresh without getting full.

It is good general body upkeep to fast on a regular basis such as once a week 1-day fasts, or doing longer fasts/cleanses (3-12days) around the Spring or Fall Equinoxes.If you are planning a 3-day or more juice fast, I recommend consulting a health professional first to see if it is right for you and your body type and to make sure you will be getting the right nutrients. I also recommend adding Gelatinized Maca powder, Ayurvedic Herb: Shilajit, or spirulina to your juices or smoothies to increase your mineral, and vitamin intake.

6. Herbal Teas:

Herbal teas are also an important part of a juice fast. By taking herbal teas that help cleanse and detox the body, you will greatly facilitate the healing process. Recommended herbal teas for juice fasting are: dandelion, fennel, licorice, ginger, cayenne, peppermint, goldenseal, juniper berry, chamomile, red clover.

7. Detox Herbs

There are a variety of herbal supplements one can take to help detox the body. I'll just list some of the main ones here: dandelion, goldenseal, milk thistle, neem, anantmul, tulsi, and manjistha. DETOX is a general organ cleanser and tonic, specifically including kidneys, liver, pancreas and gall bladder. Cleanses heavy metals and other poisons, such as mercury, lead, alcohol and a deficiency of the vitamin B complex, especially thiamin, from the blood, nerves and cells. A thiamin deficiency results in the impairment of nerve tissue so that it cannot utilize carbohydrates for energy. Also, DETOX is very good for providing a complete cleansing of the small intestine. Excellent for taking, following any intense experience of stress.

8. Detox Foot Pouches:

A wonderful and very easy way to detoxify while you sleep is by using a detox foot pouch. This is a wonderful method used by the Chinese and other Asian doctors. It is quite simply a small pouch filled with mandarin wood vinegar, tourmaline, and germanium. This pouch when placed on the foot creates a chemical reaction that causes the pouch to emit far infrared energy that stimulates the body's meridians and circulation of blood and lymph. This greatly helps the system detoxify and the pouch will then absorb toxins released by the body. These pouches are specifically placed on the foot's reflexology points to target specific areas of the body for stimulation and detoxification. They can also be placed on other acu-points on the body with similar results.

I would recommend that you consult with your doctor should you have any concerns or further questions regarding this.

Good luck :)