Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

What do you think about Ron Paul?

I personally think he's our last hope.

Favorite Answer

I agree! .. Ron Paul is one of the few presidential candidates providing any real clarity on our foreign policy and domestic issues.. Unlike other candidates whose stances seem to change from week to week, Paul's record is actually consistent. He is a strong advocate of a non-interventionist foreign policy where we trade and negotiate with countries,.. instead of fighting wars under false pretenses where we put our economy in financial risk and the lives of our troops in jeopardy.. To find out more about his positions on other issues, please see the list I posted below. In addition to Paul's strong anti-war/less government stance, he accepts no money from lobbyists, corporations and interest groups.. He is man of integrity.. which is rarity in Washington.. Paul offers real solutions, instead of just typical political rhetoric.. He truly has the best interest at heart for the average American, not just the elite..

A brief overview of his record:

He voted against the Iraq war.

He has never voted to raise taxes.

He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.

He has never voted to raise congressional pay.

He has never taken a government-paid junket.

He is a strong advocate of free trade.

He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.

He opposes invading Iran.

He opposes amnesty for illegals.

He will drastically reduce the debt the United States is in, by reducing government spending.. taking the burden off taxpayers.

He voted NO to the amendment banning gay marriages.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

EDIT: To clarify the misconceptions that have been posted:

CIA/FBI: There are over 100 different intelligence gathering agencies. He wants to end the bureaucracy and consolidate.. NOT ABOLISH THEM.. this actually strengthens our central intelligence by gathering intelligence and making it more effective

Isolationism: Paul is a non-interventionist.. He is a strong advocate of diplomacy and trade, not secluding ourselves from the world. In fact, after 9/11 Paul voted in favor of invading Afghanistan to find Osama Bin Laden.. He also supports the Letter's of Marquee and Reprisal to counter terrorism.. “The issue of Marquee and Reprisal was raised before Congress by Rep. Ron Paul of Texas after the September 11, 2001 attacks, and again on July 21, 2007. Paul, defining the attacks as an act of "air piracy," introduced the Marquee and Reprisal Act of 2001, which would have granted the president the authority to use Letters of Marquee and Reprisal against the specific terrorists, instead of warring against a foreign state."

""Once letters of marquee and reprisal are issued, every terrorist is essentially a marked man..." (from Wikipedia entry)

**this war is not only costing us financially but also in the lives of our troops. Iraq is in the middle of a civil war, based on religious differences, at this point there is nothing the United States can do to resolve that. (see India and Pakistan) Our reasons to be there in the first place were due to "terrorists" and the generals for the most part have said Al Qaeda has been defeated in Iraq.. Paul will stabilize the country by sending in peace crps It’s disappointing that both top tier candidates have folded on the issue. I agree with Ron, we need to bring our troops home and make sure that we are secure here to prevent future attacks. Like he stated previously, it is a process, and it will probably take over three months, maybe even six.. but he intends on doing it.. and then strengthening our national defense..

Abortion: Paul is pro-life on a personal level but does not believe the government can impose their personal beliefs on citizens.. he will leave that choice up to the states..

Good Lord, does anyone do research anymore??? All these claims that are being made against him are completely inaccurate.. Paul is a great candidate and he would make a great president..

• yockey

I lost each and every desire a pair of transition back to till now 2008, it relatively is been lots legislative exchange is basically 3 years, and a entire nationalization of the US economic gadget. yet no remember what ensue i'm proud to be responsive to a actual patriot like Ron Paul, and that i'm pleased with the human beings that help him no remember how diverse their evaluations are on particular subject concerns or agree or disagree. RON PAUL = in basic terms honest man or woman IN GOVERMENT

LET'S MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD THIS UP COMING ELECTION AND STRIKE BACK AND SHOW THIS GOVERNMENT THAT THE YOUNG PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY ARN'T DUMB AND DRUGED UP!!

RON PAUL BELIEVES THE GREAT CONSTITUTION OF THIS COUNTRY SHOULD BE THE MAIN FACTOR IN MAKING DECISIONS IN THIS COUNTRY.

lets stop the trend of only voting for the front runners of the 2 political parties, and lets stop voting for the big money candidates, who are backed up big business and are golfing buddies with ceo's, lets give the smaller guys a chance and lets see what they can they do. can't do any worse than the man who is president now. BECAUSE NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE OR GET BETTER IF WE JUST SIT ON OUR ASSES AND HOPE THINGS WILL WORK THEMSELVES OUT!

VOTE RON PAUL!!!!!!

• Sambo

I recently bought into the guy for several reasons. All the other candidates strike me as maintaining the status quo in their views. He believes in strict construction of the constitution. If anything, this is the biggest appeal to me Ron Paul brings. It’s his thought process I like. He understands US history and how we've gotten into some of the messes we're in. Getting rid of income tax, the IRS, the CIA and a few other things, I don’t think is practical at this point in time, and I doubt President Paul would be successful in accomplishing this. But at least it would get American’s thinking outside the box.

I dont know much about him But my friends are going for him , The only thing that worry s me is about trading I think we have to STOP our jobs from going overseas to CHINA, I dislike China

They are soo rich right now and they are doing horrible things to our planet, I truly believe they will over power us , because of all the money we spend with them, ,

Now if any of you can reassure me that Ron Paul will try to stop all the trading with them, and find a way to get Americans jobs, and make it affordable to have small company's stay here, And get to the core of 9-11 I want the truth to be told, and let Ms Sibell speak her voice, I will vote for him , And I dont vote

But I will this time

I just want the truth for once to come from a President ,,

I really love him. The passion I have for him has even convinced me to become a registered Rep voter for the primary and switch to Libertarian after that. Once I start with my job, I'm also planning to send him some money, even if its only $20. If he can do well in the money bomb he has today, I think we'll finally see a change and more voters will be convinced. For some, Paul has some "radical" ideas but hey what about some ideas that are used today, weren't they considered at one time "radical"? I don't agree with him on some issues but we could sure use one hell of a change and I'm willing to turn Rep just to vote for him. Go, Ronnie, Go!

I like his candor and that he voted against the Iraqi war but do not like how he is on the far far right concerning social issues.

He's a breath of fresh air for American politics. Good for him!

I think that the revolution will not be televised.

I use to think he was crazy. Now I know he is crazy. He is crazy enough to follow the constitution. He seems man enough to be president. Ron would definitely help the economy. He's cool with me.