Lay Eggs???

I don't know where my son (4) got this but when he gets mad at people he says, "Go lay eggs!" Any of you guys teach him that?

• Grace
    Favorite Answer

lol...yep. That way he's not in 'hot water' with you!

What a cutie! Can I borrow him now and again? (only until he's 8 or 9 though!)

They are called layer pellets. They have the right amount of vitamins and protein to nourish the chicken and keep her healthy and producing eggs. You only need a rooster if you want fertile eggs. Chickens lay eggs naturally, some more often then other breeds but usually 1 egg a day. And by the way, many eggs you buy in the store are fertile, they just were collected within a couple of days time and the hens were not allowed to set on them. You would never know without knowing what a fertile egg yolk looks like.

• Cranky

That's cute!

Sort of like an adult would tell someone to "Get A Life".

I didn't teach him, but I would have. It's a great stress reliever for the little ones. Much better than some of the garbage I've heard come from out of the mouths of babes.

Yeah me, when I was a kid and we got upset we'd say, 'go lay an egg'. I guess it was as close to sounding mean or cussin' as a little kid could come and not get into trouble. lol

BTW-it has to be said in a certain tone of voice. lol

AS close as i can tell, it is wishing that you fail at something. IN old vaudevillian terms, " I laid an egg" meant the act didn't go over at all. Other than that, I can't come up with any other meaning. Phil

• Diana

Go lay eggs !!!! lol ... What they can't come up with !! What I really told him to say was " Put an egg in your shoe Dad and beat it !!!!!!" *smile*

Grandmother would say

go lay an egg...

Grandfather would say

good night shirt Helen!!!!!

I say fudge... or bananas!

unless,,, I'm feeling particularly PO'ed

Naw, maybe "go suck an egg" -- like that dirty old egg suckin hound (that won't stay out of the hen house, that's nasty and roots like a hog)

• Ju ju

Ask him where he learned this. I'm curious.

I sang to my son ".and cover her up, all but her head"

One night he asked why I wanted to put butter on her head?

When my sister n law got angry as a child she said "slide the board!".

Love kids...they do say the cutest things.

:) Juju

I wish I could take credit for teaching him that! It's a great one!! lol!