Are you aware of the proposal that your tax dollars fund LaRaza ("The Race") which undermines current laws?

Bill Status

Name: H.R. 1999

This bill is in the first step of the legislative process. It has been referred to the House Committee on Financial Services.

United States Representative Ruben Hinojosa from Texas has introduced a bill that will fund the pro-illegal immigration group: The National Council of La Raza (NCLR). This bill, the Hope Fund Act of 2007 (H.R. 1999) would appropriate $5 million to NCLR in 2008 and $10 million each year thereafter.

The Hope Fund Act is a grant to be used by NCLR for economic development projects and to “conduct such other activities as may be determined by the Secretary and the National Council of La Raza.” This final item is an open door for NCLR to utilize the funds beyond the specific outlines of the bill. This bill gives your hard-earned tax payer dollars to an activist group who promotes crimes such as illegal immigration and utterly disregards the rule of law.

More here: http://www.firesociety.com/article/18711

What will you do about it?

That is very misleading Crabby: read H.R. 4437, the "Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005

It’s an immigration violation—and already a deportable offense.

Favorite Answer

You are twisting facts and putting a spin on the actual legislation. I'm not going to go in great depth here because, from your spin, I can tell it is a waste of my time.

I will leave you with this... The NCLR is an organization of AMERICAN CITIZENS. As citizens they have a right to request funds.

Are you outraged at Bush's Faith-Based Incentives that give funding to only Christian groups?.. I mean shoot they are citizens but they do oppose the equal rights of gay American tax paying citizens.

La Raza doesn't "undermine" anyting--except the fake credibility of the anti-Hispanic bigots.

Giving them an economic development grant is a fine idea. True, the bigots won't like it. But no one really cares what those jerks think.

Thank you for letting us know about the bill--I'll be sure to write my representatives and tell them to support it.

BTW--contrary to what some people think, being in this country illegally is not a criminal act. it's a civil violation only (like a parking ticket). The lie that illegal immigrants are criminals is purely a smear tactic on the part of the bigots--just part of their hate campaign.

I won't do anything about it. The Republicans have declared war on brown people and will stop at nothing to prevent the "Browning of America"...They better get used to it because we Latinos legal or not are here to stay!

Edit: The GOP gained many Latino voters in 2000 and 2004, but due to their racist anti-immigrant stance of the last couple of years they are losing our support and it's gonna backfire big time because the compassionate left will now be even stronger!

There is a bill to impeach Cheney, too.

Neither will ever be voted on.

yes....

with the current politians in office there is NOTHING we can do...