kay_h22 asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

is loreal hair color remover bad for your hair? is it something i will regret using?

Favorite Answer

I have used this product. Yes it is harsh because it is basically the harshest product because you are removing color...basically bleaching it. I had to use it because I used a dye that turned my hair black and only thing that can get out a dark color is either a color lifting product like loreal color remover.

Basic rule if your looking to lighten your hair and your hair is already treated with a different color....

Color cannot lift color....meaning if you dyed your hair black a lighter brown really won't do a whole lot whereas this product will.

Now if your are trying to get your hair dramatically lighter from a dark hair dye it can look scary when you put it on because it gets brassy, orange, light orange....and gradually to bleach blonde. Its just the way it develops.

If you do use this product I would definitely NOT wash your hair for a few days after this so it gets some of the scalps natural oils, deep condition, and when you do take shower use a wide tooth comb because this will damage your hair and you don't want to risk any further damage right away.

If your hair is long like mine is....I recommend two boxes and if your have roots coming in do not apply it there first because it will immediately start to lighten your natural hair color and will develop on the roots much faster than on the hair color you are trying to lift our or remove.

A great product that I use for my hair after showers and any hair processing such as this color remover that works great for me is called "proclaim glossing polish" you can get it at a Sally beauty supply or walmart in the ethnic hair products. I do not have "ethnic hair" but I do put this on when my hair is wet and it helps with snarls, frizz, which in turn can help minimize the damage. It is around six bucks and a lot goes a long way.

Anyhow I have rambled on. I hope things work out for you:o) oh one more thing if you do use the color remover your hair may feel wierd after using it because it is harsh but if you use good moisturizer for your hair and keep styling to a minimum for a couple of weeks your hair starts to feel better.

Anyhow again good luck--Jammie

Source(s): My personal experience. I also do other peoples hightlights and hair coloring as well when they ask so I do have some hair experience outside of my own hair.

Color Remover

I am trying to stop using permanent hair color, so I used this product to strip the existing color, recolored with semi-permanent color, and hopefully, months (and many cuts) from now, get back to my natural color. I looked at all the comments and tried a combination with pretty good success. First, I didn't use the liquid fixer but hot water (1/3c) instead. I kept on my hair for 30 min including the 10 minutes it took to apply, and let's just say it really worked; looked bleached in unevenly self-applied, overly dyed sections. Used semi-permanent, wash away color that was close to the (natural) color revealed in other sections, and it looks good, sort of like it has highlights. I like it, and am optimistic. Think rinsing away permanent color whether to start over or try something new is a good idea. Good luck!

YES! I used it only a few weeks ago and it totally fried my hair. I also ended up with white, yellow, and orange streaked hair because I had highlights and not one solid color to begin with. I had to go to a salon and get conditioning treatments. Also when your done you have to recolor and the color didn't take evenly. You really need a filler on your hair after the remover before you recolor. I think they have it at sally's. I didn't know this and the color turned out awful and splochy, and it washes away really fast too.

The stylist I went to afterward said after you strip you need a filler and then a semi-permanent color first. Do that maybe twice and then use a permanent color.

I heard that the salon care color corrector at sally's works well and doesn't harm your hair, but I have never used it.

It depends on what type color you have on your hair as to what you need to use.

Hope I helped.

Source(s): Experience.
  • Harold

Jet black hair. I have actually dark brown hair and I believe dark hair looks better. I avoid really like blonde hair.

I honestly adore dirty blonde hair it looks really pretty

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avYv5

I prefer to suggest you that you never use bleach to hair because it causes your hair fall rapidly.

yes, haircolor remover strips he color from your hair, although it is less damaging then bleach. make sure after you strip it, you recondition it, i recommend cholestorol cream.

Source(s): i am a liscenced cosmotologist

yes, you need to go to a salon or you risk really damaging your hair and yes you will regret it. it takes a very long time to regrow all the dammage. i guess if you do it yourself and you damage it you can always shave your head,hope this helps you decide what to do