Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationToys · 1 decade ago

American Girl Doll of the Year 2008?

Help! I am just sooooo curious to find out who the american girl doll of the year for 2008 is gonna be!! Hoe can I find out? Does anyone know anything about her?Does anyone have a picture of her? I need to know to see if I'll want to start to save up my money to buy her. Please help. Thanks!!

PS: I have already looked on the website and emailed them but they won't tell me.

Favorite Answer

found this review of the Mia book:

Mia St. Clair is a ten-year-old girl living in upstate New York. She has grown up playing ice hockey wit her three older brothers on the pond behind their house. Mia's got the skills and the scrappiness it takes to be a star hockey player, but she's tired of skating in her brothers' shadows and has decided to follow her heart and pursue figure skating instead. Does she have what it takes to grow and compete as a figure skaters? When a new coach arrives, Mia finds herself gently pushed by the coach at the same time that she's pulled by her brothers. Can she stay true to her heart and follow her own path? Can she hold her own in a world of competitive skating?

And for "Bravo Mia":

Mia St. Clair can't wait for Regionals. Or can she? Mia has been training all year to master the moves she needs to compete at the Regional Figure Skating Competition. It's her first time competing at that level, and Mia is eager for and worried about Regionals all at the same time. Is she a good enough skater? Does she have what it takes to survive in the world of competitive figure skating--and still be a good sport? When a family crisis threatens Mia's chances of going to Regionals, Mia is heartbroken. But she knows that being a good sport means accepting challenges--even big losses--with determination and grace.

The author has written for AG before; he did the book on the Chinese girl from "Girls from Many Lands". AND, a lot of his other work is about Chinese children. So at first I thought, Hmm, maybe Mia is Chinese-American. But "St. Clair" isn't so Chinese so if she is Chinese maybe she's adopted? That'd explain three older brothers; maybe her parents wanted a little girl. I dunno; all just a stretch based on the author's previous work.

Mia St. Clair is 2008 McKenna 2012 Nikki 2007

I haven't heard much about it, but I know there is a book available for pre-order on Barnes And Noble called Bravo Mia that is an American Girls book it will be released in January 2008, so perhaps the next doll is named Mia.

• bigby

The 2008 Doll of the three hundred and sixty 5 days is Mia. She is a lady who has brothers that play hockey yet her secret favor is to determine skate. She has examine hair, no bangs, elementary skin, and eco-friendly eyes.

• the girl of the year for 2007 is Nikki but i dont know what is the 2008 doll of the year.but every1 else is right it is Mia