Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 1 decade ago

who is the strongest super hero in the world of marvel?

Favorite Answer

That question will forever be debated.

The madder Hulk gets, the stronger he gets.

If someone tells him a joke, he may start laughing and lose all his strength.

Then, someone nearly as strong as him could beat him up.

Namor, the Submariner is (almost) Hulks equal, as is Thor.

But, the Silver Surfer can give him a fight for his money and, The Thing is also close to his equal. Close, but no cigar.

The late Capt. Marvel could fight the Super Skrulls and defeat them. He would have given Hulk a heck of a battle.

Now, as for villains (if you want to consider him a villain), the omnipotent Galactus could probably best the Hulk in battle.

And Hela, the goddess of death, would simply remove his soul, thus killing him without working up a sweat.

Okay, here we go again. I'm thinking you mean physically the strongest, and you mean only those routinely considered 'hero'. If not, Beyonder would win hands down. Other then that, though, there is Hulk, Doc Samson, Wonderman, Thor, Hercules, Silver Surfer, and a few others. They belong to what we'll call the class 100 club. They can routinely lift 100 tons or more. Namor, The Thing and a few others top out at 75 tons. The hulk becomes stronger, but you asked for is strongest. According to the old Marvel Universe, Wonderman could lift up to 125 tons. That would make him the strongest. Gladiator, the leader of the royal elite Shiar imperial guard, could lift 500 tons. Most don't consider him a hero, though. I remember a What if.. featuring Thor and Hercules trying to prove who was stronger by arm-wrestling. No clear winner.

On a side note, the members of the Squadron Supreme would be considered heroes, though they were in a different universe. I would have to include Hyperion, Redstone, and Warrior Woman. I think Redstone was strongest, I remember him holding Hyperion in a full nelson. It could have been leverage, but I think it was strength.

Sentry

Is supposed to have "The power of a million exploding suns"; which sounds ridiculous, but he would be the strongest Marvel superhero ever.

Juggernaut

Sometimes an X-Man ally. Mystically empowered, supposedly cannot be stopped.

Hulk

I don't consider him to be a hero, but some do. He gets stronger as he gets angrier, but there is a limit to how mad anyone can get or stay.

I guess it depends on whose book and who is writing it.

Thumbs up to Mental for the Captain Mar-Vell props. Though nowhere as strong, it would be an interesting fight and since he is back for a time, we may see it.

Source(s): 30 years of reading comic books.

In the DC Universe it would be Superman. In Marvel Comics it is The Hulk. But Goku from the Dragon Ball francise would probably be stronger than them both.

• ?

The title goes to Thor. He has many things at his disposal, but his strength exceeds Hulk's. He is also Thor full-time; Hulk reverts to Bruce Banner, a "normal" human being. Thor uses lightning strikes with aid from the hammer Mjolnir, as well as creating vortexes which he can teleport enemies into Limbo, and he can also "fly" by spinning the hammer around and holding onto it as it propels forward. Hulk can leap great distances, but Thor is much faster. Thor also has his intelligence at all times, while Hulk, obviously, does not. (Although he has gone back and forth with being smart and being a mindless monster). Based on pure physical strength, it is still Thor, because Hulk will remain enraged for only so long, while Thor rarely becomes exhausted and is also nigh invulnerable, while Hulk is susceptible to some attacks, such as mind attacks and energies, as well as some magic.

• Jon C

There are a few power houses in the Marvel Universe.

The Sentry (Avengers)

Luke Cage aka Power Man (The New Avengers)

The Thing (Fantastic Four)

Colossus (X-Men)

Rockslide (New X-Men)

Wonder Man (Avengers)

Ms Marvel (Avengers)

The Incredible Hulk

Thor

There are a few more but I can't recall at the moment. LOL!

I'd say Hulk. He's trashed entire continents before and hes almost as strong as Superman (I'm a DC guy).

Hulk when he is realy realy mad or angry. The madder or more angry he gets the stronger he gets. The Hulk in mMarvel is the strongest there is.

id say captain universe

namor