What could i expect to pay for an acre of farmland in Scotland ?

Do you know the going rate for an acre of grazing land in the Scottish borders ?.Just a plain old acre with no planning permission or services.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Ayo A
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

probably an arm and a leg!

• Not many farmers are going to want to sell you an acre of land, sorting it all out is a real pain in the backside, and those that are willing will want to make it worth their while.

Good quality land's worth up to £15,000 to £20,000 an acre but, that's usually large fields.

You'll be lucky to get it for anything less than £40,000 and that'll probably include a no-building clause.

• 1 decade ago

If you can find a good bit for sale - anywhere from £3-5k per acre for pasture (availability of running water for the higher rate). If it has road frontage or is very near an urban conurbation £4-6k per acre. With services and road frontage... very, very, very rarely available in the borders - up to £12k????

• JOHN B
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

about £5000 an acre providing it is good grazing land and its at the roadside and excess to it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

land values depend on grade/ gradient and amount purchased , the more you buy the cheaper it gets

about £3000 an acre / borders check this out

http://www.uklanddirectory.org.uk/land-prices-scot...

• 4 years ago

Depends on the situation. Ont he rare occasion that I'm being serious then the phenomenon should be observed :) Its a worthy experience. Other than that...I know msot of us are in ten places at once.

• Xanadu
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Your first born son.

Seriously, you can't hope to buy land in Scotland. No one sells, land is inheirited to avoid the Queen from buying anymore of it.

• 1 decade ago

not sure i bet Donald trump knows! I'm Scottish and i would love to own a piece of my homeland!!

• 1 decade ago

20 pence

• 1 decade ago

"I will give you two aceres for nothing if you want"???.

" Just stand legs "Akimbo", and I will kick you in the "Gonads"= 2 achere's..joke by the way!!lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.