What could i expect to pay for an acre of farmland in Scotland ?

Do you know the going rate for an acre of grazing land in the Scottish borders ?.Just a plain old acre with no planning permission or services.

• Ayo A
    Best Answer

probably an arm and a leg!

• Not many farmers are going to want to sell you an acre of land, sorting it all out is a real pain in the backside, and those that are willing will want to make it worth their while.

Good quality land's worth up to £15,000 to £20,000 an acre but, that's usually large fields.

You'll be lucky to get it for anything less than £40,000 and that'll probably include a no-building clause.

If you can find a good bit for sale - anywhere from £3-5k per acre for pasture (availability of running water for the higher rate). If it has road frontage or is very near an urban conurbation £4-6k per acre. With services and road frontage... very, very, very rarely available in the borders - up to £12k????

• JOHN B

about £5000 an acre providing it is good grazing land and its at the roadside and excess to it

land values depend on grade/ gradient and amount purchased , the more you buy the cheaper it gets

about £3000 an acre / borders check this out

http://www.uklanddirectory.org.uk/land-prices-scot...

Depends on the situation. Ont he rare occasion that I'm being serious then the phenomenon should be observed :) Its a worthy experience. Other than that...I know msot of us are in ten places at once.

• Xanadu

Your first born son.

Seriously, you can't hope to buy land in Scotland. No one sells, land is inheirited to avoid the Queen from buying anymore of it.

not sure i bet Donald trump knows! I'm Scottish and i would love to own a piece of my homeland!!

20 pence

"I will give you two aceres for nothing if you want"???.

" Just stand legs "Akimbo", and I will kick you in the "Gonads"= 2 achere's..joke by the way!!lol