LivingMyLife asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Will running for 1 hour a day and drinking plenty of water help me lose weight?

Also does running help lose weight in the tummy area and thigh area. I need advice. currently 5'5, 156 pounds age 27.. Had a baby a year ago and trying to get by into shape.

Taking diet pills also

• CDRN
    Favorite Answer

Stop taking the pills, you don't know what is in them and they are not good for you. You will lose weight only if you are also eating healthy. If you continue to eat junk food and run you will not lose weight. Eating healthy is a big part of losing weight. Make sure you eat breakfast with protein and protein with every meal along with fresh fruits and vegetables.

I lost 23 pounds by walking 3-5 times a week for 1/2 hour, drinking water all day with the exception of one soda per day. My son is 3 and it really helped getting that baby weight off.

• thsp

Yes to both. It will help you lose weight and tighten up the tummy and thigh area. NOTE 1 hour a day will also put a tremendous toll on your knees. 1/2 hour day will lose that weight too. Go easy on your body. I used to run 20 miles a week and it was too much for my knees. I now have arthritis and am confined to Tae Boing it for exercise....works BUT I loved running.

Source(s): Life

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

I'd lose the diet pills, but other than that you've got half the equation right. You also need to keep the food intake down.

Yes its possible to gain weight even if you run an hour a day.

Uhm yes! lol. you don't even need an hour a day, it could be half an hour a day. and running helps you loose weight all over. also keep your diet low of calories, like under 2000 daily, and stay very hydrated.

I think it should help you loose weight in those areas. So the answer is yes. sit ups would help too. Join a fitness center are go to a weight room they have tools and machines that could greatly help with what you would like to achieve,

Source(s): I was heavy once

It will only help if you also restrict your calories. Eat 1200-1500 calories a day. Eat lots or fruits and vegetables. And stop taking the diet pills. They don't help you lose weight, but they will destroy your health.

wiggle while you watch for 40 minutes fidgeters burn up to 350 more calories a day than couch potatoes

Use calorie calculator to figure out how many calories you re consuming daily