What is your favourite movie and why?

Mine is Transformers (2007) because of its awesome special effects.(Humans interacting with gigantic, realistic robots, a great battle scene where robots beat up other robots)

Best Answer

ROMEO & JULIET (1968)

I fell in live with this movie nearly 40 years ago, and the ending still makes me cry. Leonard Whiting and Olivia Hussey are perfection in the title roles. They remain the only actor and actress who were near the ages of the Shakespearean couple. (Yes, I'm fully aware that this is an ancient story and is not William Shakespeare's creation, but he did the most brilliant job of bringing this legendary romance to the public.)

Actually, everything about this movie is perfection~the carefully edited play, the lush musical score by Nino Rota, the jewellike colors and tapestry-like settings, the locations for the balcony and marriage scenes, as well as other important moments, and, most of all, the wonderful cast. The music definitely sets the mood, and the Love Theme is well-known. It appears in a beautifully melancholy form, a madrigal titled "What Is a Youth?", sung during the masque where they first meet.

Sadness pervades the story because we know from the start what will happen to them, making their moments together all the more poignant. Their one night together is their final one. Their next reunion will be in the Capulet tomb. *SIGH*WEEP*

This film was released when I was a teenager, and all of the girls fell in love with Leonard Whiting; all of the boys, with Olivia Hussey. Back then, repeatedly going to a movie was a rarity; the average person simply didn't do this. Well, we Baby Boomers broke that rule with "Romeo & Juliet", returning again and again till many of us had it committed to memory. Imagine our English teachers' delight as we exchanged quotations and avidly studied the other plays!

NOTE: The repetitive viewing would really kick into gear with "2001: A Space Odyssey"!

Pulp Fiction. I do not think there will ever be dialog written for a movie that could be better than the dialog in Pulp Fiction. The acting was on point. The right actors were picked for each part. The way the movie was filmed was not the way any normal movie was put together. I think a lot of people try to mimic Quinten Tarantino's style of shooting.

I love horror flicks, but my favorite Hollywood movie is mean girls I just love the story, the reality of how cruel your classmates can be, but I also love Asian movies especially Korean and Japanese there horror flicks are really terrifying and most of the Hollywood horror films are based on these Asian films, I also love their love stories it made me a tear jerker, like il mare a Korean movie and the Hollywood remake is The lake house.

Hellboy (current obsession) because it is awesome and I really like doug jones XD

gone with the wind... it has everything, love, romance, jealousy, hatred, anger, money, sadness, happiness, and a few battle scenes too

• ?

"One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest" it says alot about us as people and free spirit

I want the High school musical. Its is a disney channel original Movie. It really meks me fun when i watch it. It makes me feel in love again. hahaha :)

Harry potter is the best and i HATE Transformers. its so boyish.

my favorite movie is the skeleton key and the day after tommorow and spiceworld

i guess phantom of the opera (new one)

b/c they costumes are pretty and its a good plaot, and the phantom is so sexy and mysterious and the singing is great