Brasov or Sighisoara?

Hello, Im studying abroad in budapest for the semester and would like to visit romania for a weekend. From a little research it looks like Brasov and Sighisoara are both good places to visit. Can someone recommend one over the other, or maybe suggest another city? Also how easy is it to travel from Brasov to other nearby cities? Is a weekend enough time to see either brasov or sighisoara and travel to nearby cities as well.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Well both are nice, but I'll tell you a few things and you can decide which is more important to you.

Brasov is beautiful. Bran castle is close by and you can visit it. Sighisoara is a medieval town and the birthplace of Dracula. Super cool place. Sibiu is the cultural capital of Europe this year and many people are visiting, so you'll most likely meet others like yourself. I would go to Sighisoara, but that's only because I've been to Brasov a thousand times.

A weekend is ok if that's all you have, but, if you can stay longer and visit all three, it would be great. They are all beautiful in different ways. You can take a train, of course. Get one that is fast as the "personal" is slow and painful... You'll thank me for this tip later. Romanians use taxis too. Just get the price and the destination straight before you agree.

Have fun!

here's a cool map

http://www.romaniatourism.com/maps/romania/romania...

• 1 decade ago

Also how easy is it to travel from Brasov to other nearby cities?

there is train available to other cities

Is a weekend enough time to see either brasov or sighisoara and travel to nearby cities as well

well, yeah but you wont have to see much, anywhere in the world

maybe sibiu would be interesting in transilvania, in transilvania i visited the mountains and brasov

• XIII
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You can easily see them both in a weekend (Sighisoara is a small town, you can visit it all in a few hours).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.