I need hardware that will turn my laptop screen into a touch screen?

I need to turn my laptop screen into a touch screen with software that is easy to set up and really works. I need it to be $100 or less. Thanks.

It is possible I know. but i don't know where to get it. If you don't know, don't answer.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

i doubt you will get one for $100 but you can get some from $169 at http://www.touchscreens.com/products-addon.html

• John L

I can't bring myself to criticize the guy you put in stitches.

What you're talking about requires fairly sophisticated hardware. There isn't a conversion kit for you laptop. If you've a little computer engineering experience, you could probably pull this off, but it sounds very much like you are not a computer engineer or training to be one.

If you want the functionality you've described you'll need to invest in a tablet PC.

Blue Screen found an add on that clips over the screen. That may work for you. Good luck.

Hi

You're gonna need a screen that has touch screen capability, and then you are gonna need to buy the software for it. I highly, highly doubt you will find that for less than $100. You would probably be better off buying a tablet pc.

I don't think they make TOUCH Screen. They make Tablet Laptops which let your use a pointer to do stuff on the screen. (I'm sure you could use your finger, but it wasn't made for your finger it was made for a pointer). They are nice because they are smaller, and usually you can flip the screen around so You can see just the screen.

good luck, if your thinking of a download-able thing thats imposable unless it was made for touch sensory, and if your thinking of installing one its going to be over 100$ and its going to be difficult, i would just go get a touch screen laptop which are around 1000-1500$ i believe. i hope this help and didn't shatter your dreams lol

Nope need a screen that is touch campatible.

• Marty

Okay, its easy, first take your finger, ok? Then reach over and TOUCH the screen. BINGO! its a touch screen, lol

i don't think that kind of hardware is available these days... if they did develop a technology that could do that, you would probably have to buy another laptop.

Source(s): vast knowledge of Best Buy

i don't think that technology is available on a laptop unit. besides, that would be really pricey.

hahaha, just buy a new computer.... or steal the touchscreen train ticket machine...