hotshoes asked in PetsHorses · 1 decade ago

Which pres. of U.S.A. was an accomplished horseman?

Favorite Answer

George Washington all the way. I saw this huge documentary on him. He had a large stable and he supposedly invented the first "hot-walker" like machine. He bred horses and knew all of their names and rode most all of them.

Well, I would think that the Original George Washington would certainly qualify as an accomplished horseman. Likewise, Andrew Jackson, and all the other first presidents- when horses were the only means of travel.

Theodore Roosevelt was a horse person, and Ronald Regan was a very accomplished rider, that I think rode Arabians for a long long time.

I think there have been a lot of presidents that rode horses, and were quite skilled.

I don't know if JFK rode, but his wife, Jacqulyn (sp?) was a very accomlished rider.

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

Definitely Ronald Reagan. He owned his own ranch and rode regularly. I'd expect George Washington was too.

Teddy Roosevelt and Ulysess Grant.

Theodore Roosevelt and very likely the original G.W. George Washington.

I imagine a number of them were. But I know US Grant got a speeding ticket with a team and buggy in Washington DC.

(2009 - AP Wire) President George W. Bush (pictured, right) is seen riding Strife, the White horse of the Apocalypse.

• PH 1

I've got to go with Teddy and give yoitz kudos for making me laugh, ahahahahaha!