hotshoes asked in PetsHorses · 1 decade ago

Which pres. of U.S.A. was an accomplished horseman?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

George Washington all the way. I saw this huge documentary on him. He had a large stable and he supposedly invented the first "hot-walker" like machine. He bred horses and knew all of their names and rode most all of them.

• 1 decade ago

Well, I would think that the Original George Washington would certainly qualify as an accomplished horseman. Likewise, Andrew Jackson, and all the other first presidents- when horses were the only means of travel.

Theodore Roosevelt was a horse person, and Ronald Regan was a very accomplished rider, that I think rode Arabians for a long long time.

I think there have been a lot of presidents that rode horses, and were quite skilled.

I don't know if JFK rode, but his wife, Jacqulyn (sp?) was a very accomlished rider.

• 1 decade ago

Ronald Reagan

• 1 decade ago

Ronald Reagan

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Definitely Ronald Reagan. He owned his own ranch and rode regularly. I'd expect George Washington was too.

• 1 decade ago

Teddy Roosevelt and Ulysess Grant.

• 1 decade ago

Theodore Roosevelt and very likely the original G.W. George Washington.

• 1 decade ago

I imagine a number of them were. But I know US Grant got a speeding ticket with a team and buggy in Washington DC.

• 1 decade ago

(2009 - AP Wire) President George W. Bush (pictured, right) is seen riding Strife, the White horse of the Apocalypse.

• PH 1
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I've got to go with Teddy and give yoitz kudos for making me laugh, ahahahahaha!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.