NYS sales taxes...?

Can i go on line and get a copy of my sales taxes in question? I need it to prove that i did pay on time, but after moving, i can't find it.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Steve
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Is this a sales tax return that you actually filed? If so, you can have the auditor look up the actual tax return in question. NYS has been scanning tax returns and other documents sent with the returns for the last 5 years or so.

This will only show that the tax return was filed, received and paid by a certain date. It will not prove that tax was paid on a certain transaction though.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

once you purchase some thing to your employer, the value contains sales tax. meaning in case you purchase workplace components, reveal cases, etc. the sales tax is a factor of your fee. once you sell some thing, you do no longer pay sales tax. You assemble it as an agent of the state. sales tax is spoke of as a have confidence fund tax by way of fact the money isn't yours. in case you sell some thing for $a million,000 and assemble $80 in sales tax, you nonetheless e book in easy terms $a million,000 in sales. The $80 will become a payable. (debit money, credit sales tax payable) i desire this enables. Gary

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.