Need help w/ HVAC contractor problem?

I live in Florida. In April I purchased a new central heat & AC system for my house. 1st, I discovered that the contractor did not install the same features I had paid for. 2nd, it was improperly installed. I contacted the mfg (after several arguments w contractor). They inspected and advised contractor on how... show more I live in Florida. In April I purchased a new central heat & AC system for my house. 1st, I discovered that the contractor did not install the same features I had paid for. 2nd, it was improperly installed. I contacted the mfg (after several arguments w contractor). They inspected and advised contractor on how to correct the problems and get the AC working properly. Now, I have the heat on and it's not working properly. Contractor was here twice this week. Said problem was solved, but it's still doing the same thing and running up my electric bill. I'm fed up! I've called him again today. This is the last chance I will give him to fix it right. If it does not work, I want to have it removed and purchase a new unit from someone else. I don't know where to go for help to get him to refund my money. Is there a consumer protection agency in central Florida that I can contact for help? (I prefer to aviod the hassels of a civil suit).
3 answers 3