?
? asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Do you think wearing hats at the dinner table is rude?

I feel like I am the only one but my grandmother raised me to remove hats when in the house. And even more so at the dinner table. I would have been slapped if I had a hat at the table. But I see this all over and it just makes me crazy! How about you?

Favorite Answer

I do too, I even go so far as to say hats in the house are also rude as my grandmother taught us! Same goes for hair brushes on the table (if we did that we got whacked with it LOL)

my cousin used to wear a baseball cap to the table , when he was at our grandmothers house she would force him to take it off, well he did and all we could do was gasp, it looked like he hadn't washed his hair in a year and his forehead was covered in red raw acne, the type of pimples that are half a centimetre above the skin surface with huge white or green heads, all of this was topped off by the smell of unwashed 15 year old boy. not very nice, but he really should have kept the hat on. no matter how rude, any how she sent him from the table and made him take a shower, he ended up wearing one of my gran's boyfriends shirts which was a XXXL on a boy who was tall and built like a bean poll.

• teashy

In my parents home growing up you never even gave it a thought because if you were caught wearing it, it was literally smacked off your head! No hats at the dinner table and especially in the kitchen while cooking. That rule still stands today. Even in my own home.

It is very rude. My ex brother-in-law knew that my mother totally hated a hat at the dinner table, yet he wore one anyway. He was a very redneck, spiteful fool. No one I know likes putting up with a hat at the table.

We were raised where men took off their hats at the dinner table. Actually men took their hats off whenever they came inside. If you sit at my table with a hat on, it is going in the trash.

i think it's rude whether it's a man or woman to wear a hat at the table.

Yes it is rude and disrepectfull too! If I were a women sitting at a table and my boyfiend did not remove his hat. I would knock it off and walk out! The truth is that guys are not washing their hair and do not want people to see it!

Hats at the dinner table is uncouth.

I was brought up with the same belief that wearing anything on your head while eating at the table is rude.

Well many Christian women wear bonnets because of the covering their head thing during prayer and church. I used to when I lived with my mom. Men are supposed to take their hats off.