knuckle tattoo and jobs?

I have been thinking about getting the word "Chivalry" on my knuckles. I just thought about how it would go with a job. Do most employers not like visible tattoos, exp. on the knuckles? If that is the case i would just get the word on my back or something

Favorite Answer

Clay if your going to be a tattoo artist then go for it, otherwise go for the back.

Alot of employers still balk at visible tattoos, even if they can be covered. In your case it would be near impossible to cover your knuckles! Again this depends on what you want to do with your life and what your prospective employers will think. I can tell you right off that teachers and most customer facing jobs do not allow visible tattoos but this will vary. I happen to work for a very progressive company and I get no grief with my visible tattoos but it can be a big drawback.

Source(s): work in a tattoo and piercing shop and have many of my own
  • Joy

Think hard about a tattoo on your hands, that looks really bad to a lot of people and I wouldn't take the chance, especially if you are young and not settled into a job. just get it on your back or somewhere that can be seen when you want it to be and covered when you don't want it to be seen.

A lot of tattoo parlors will not tattoo on the knuckles or around the sides and front of the neck, that should tell you something right there.

Good luck with your new tattoo

I have just relayed in another post here about getting tattoos removed when I was in China and one of them was the ones on my fingers .

If any tattoo is going to be catogorizing , it will be the ones on your fingers...they can't be hidden and it won't matter how intelligent you are if at an employment interwiew or how capable you are ....you WILL be catogorized and it will limit your employment prospects and everything else you want to do later in life....I have lived through it .

my dad has a knuckle tattoo he works behind the scenes. but I think its a bad idea if you want a well paying respectables career. people see your tattoo and may think your a gang member

it seems to me that knuckle tattoos tend to be viewed as very thuggish or gangster. it is of course a stereotype but that is the way that you'll likely be viewed so you definitely have to take that into account.

I was a manager before and thought they look tacky..it's like this...if you can't hide it, don't get it..it will make it hard for you to find a job..

I would get it on ur back...

bad idea.