Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 decade ago

girls- nair vs. waxing for mustache??

ok, i've had light brown and blond hairs on my upper lip- mostly toward the corners- and it drives me crazy. i feel like i have a full blown mustache, although most people don't think it's BAD per say. it's noticeable when i get in the sunlight. anyway, i've always wanted to do something about it, but i'm scared... i don't want to make it thicker, darker, or more coarse. i know some women wax it off, but i've heard of others using nair. which is better? any other suggestions??

there's no way i can really pick a best answer, so i'm putting this to vote...

thank each of you for all your insight and suggestions!!!! ;)

Best Answer

Waxing.

Nair causes allergic reactions.

• sorin

Nair Face Wax

Nair has the most probability of making your skin irritated. You can always start off by plucking them. This will take care of the real noticable ones that you see in the sunlight or can feel with the tip of your finger.

If you arent comfortable with that, I'd go with the waxing. Go to a nail salon and get it done there, $15 at the most.

I used to wax and use nair and both irritated my skin badly.

There is a small Indian hair salon near where I live and they use a technique called "threading".

No irritation and they don't put any chemicals or wax on my face! The results are great and at $3, it is cheaper for me than nair or waxing. I go every six weeks or so and unlike waxing, the hair comes back much thinner over time.

Upper lip is THE most painful part to wax (I worked in a salon... I've heard screams. Well, maybe bikini area is pretty painful too)

They make nair thats specially made for lip hair, so it wont burn your face. Its pretty effective, you can put it on a few minutes before you hop in the shower. It lasts just as long as waxing.

Nair caused me to have a terrible allergic reaction on my legs so I can only imagine what it would do to your face. Waxing is definitely better, but if you have sensitive skin, make sure they don't use and herbal lotions on your skin after waxing because it can cause you to have an allergic reaction.

waxing nair usually just makes my skin break out and leaves the hair smelling like whatever kind it is but doesnt remove anything once you start removing the hair or even shaving it it gets darker

Waxing is easier, since you have to leave nair on for a couple of minutes. Also, sometime nair can burn your skin if you have sensitive skin. I think waxing is your best choice.

I seem to have the same problem as you. It's not fun nor fair. I'm allergic to nair i've tryed to use it on my legs and it just turns red and blotchy and then it burns really bad. So when I tryed it on my upper lip it started to blister. I used to tweeze those nasty hairs there but, it gets soooo painful to do that. Since then I went and bought real salon wax along with sticks and the strips it takes 10 minutes to heat up and i'll wax that spot. It is painful to enflict that much pain on yourself at first but, when its done and I wipe it off with baby oil it looks great and the pain goes away. Hope this helps!

Source(s): Myself!

Grow a beard to cover it! ha! Just Kidding! I've heard that nair can leave the skin irritated and red for awhile. You can have it done professionally through electrlolysis.

Don't use nair! There are better choices for your face than wax also....talk to your dermatologist...some nice creams on the market made just for your face.