Am I sad for a good enough reason?

I am all depressed today because I havent ever had a boyfriend and I am gay, and I dont know if I am sad right now for a reason that is easy to understand, I am lonely like... pretty lonely. and I had this friend who was thinking about being gay, and he knew I was, and he liked me. and I almost got to have a boyfriend but he moved and like my friend said that he kept trying to ask me out he was just waiting until the perfect time or for courage or something, well he moved away instead of asking me out and I was remembering it today because it was about two months ago and well I just feel so alone...

Favorite Answer

yes it is a valid reason, dont worry when the time is right the right guy will find you.

and....

Nicky boy if you dont like gays so much, why are you even in this section unless you are trying so hard to be straight and your gay tendencies just keep coming out. are you afraid to admit to yourself that you are gay? and there have been a lot of important people in this world who are gay...

President George Washington (1732-1799) and Alexander Hamilton (1755-1804) are also thought to have had a relationship going on. On March 3, 1777, Washington hired Hamilton to be his personal secretary. Hamilton then left to do some military service. In 1789, Washington appointed Hamilton as the first ever Secretary of Treasury of the United States.

Alexander Hamilton is also said to have a relationship with John Laurens (1754-1782). They compared each other to Damon and Phintias.

Even President Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865) is said to have a homosexual relationship. This is suggested to be between he and Joshua Speed. People now (and may have then) think this because the two men were bed partners for a number of years.

Lucy Stone (1818-1893) was an American feminist and abolitionist. She was born in West Brookfield, Massachusetts and attended Oberlin College. She married abolitionist Henry Blackwell, but kept her maiden name as a symbol of a woman's right to individuality. This created much controversy. A woman named Antoinette Brown fell in love with her at Oberlin. Antoinette Brown wrote letters to Lucy proclaiming her love and calling Lucy her "dearest little cowboy."

Susan B. Anthony (1820-1906) was an equal right activist born is Adams, Massachusetts. She was opposed to drinking and slavery. From 1848 to 1853, she took part in the temperance movement. From 1856 to 1861, she worked for the American Anti-Slavery Society. When she met Elizabeth Cady Stanton is 1851, she began to work for women's rights. They organized the National Woman Suffrage Association in 1869. She was also arrested after refusing to pay a one hundred dollar fine after casting a vote in the presidential election of 1872 (women didn't have the right to vote until 1920).

Jane Addams (1860-1935) was born in Cedarville, Illinois. She organized Hull House in 1889, Chicago. She also helped find both the National Progressive Party (1912) the Woman's Peace Party. She won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1931. She was with her lover, Mary Rozet Smith, for over forty years.

Emma Goldman (1869-1940) was a Russian anarchist born in Kovno. She immigrated to the US in 1885 and became a leader of the anarchist movement. She and Polish anarchist Alexander Berkman were convicted with conspiracy to violate the US conscription laws in 1917. They were imprisoned for two years and then deported to USSR.

Amelia Earhart (1898-1937?) was an American aviator born in Atchison, Kansas. She became the first woman to fly across the Atlantic, establishing a new record of thirteen hours and thirty minutes in 1932. She also became the first woman to fly across the Pacific in 1935. Her plane disappeared on July 2, 1937, while attempting to fly around the world.

Eleanor Roosevelt was also a lesbian.

Rita Mae Brown was an author and activist. On August 28, 1982, she said, "This is a celebration of individual freedom, not of homosexuality. No government has the right to tell its citizens when or whom to love. The only queer people are those who don't love anybody," at the opening of the Gay Olympics in San Francisco.

Poetess Angelina Weld Grimké (1805-1879)

Poetess Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Poetess Katherine Bradley (1848-1914) and Edith Cooper (1862-1913)

Poetess Katharine Bates (1859-1929)

Poetess Amy Lowell (1874-1925)

Poetess Gertrude Stein (1874-1946)

Poetess Edna St. Vincent Millay (1892-1950)

In the 1800s, American Dark Romantic writers Herman Melville (1819-1891) and Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804-1864) were intimate. Melville is famous for writing Moby Dick, and Hawthorne is famous for his novel The Scarlet Letter. In a letter to Hawthorne, Melville wrote, "your heart beat in my ribs and mine in yours, and both in God's."

Walt Whitman (1819-1892) was an American poet. He is considered the greatest of his time. He was born near Huntington, New York. He later moved to New York City, where he wrote poems and stories for magazines along with making political speeches. He also worked as an editor for the Brooklyn Eagle, but lost the position because he was in support of the Free-Soil Party (an anti-slavery party).

Tennessee Williams (originally Thomas Lanier Williams) (1911-1883) was an American playwright. His works include The Glass Menagerie (1944), A Steetcar Named Desire (1947), and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1955). His works are usually the topic of family tensions and sexual anxiety.

Rock Hudson (1925-1985), Charles Laughton (1889-1962), and Rudolph Valentino (1895-1926).

James Byron Dean (1931-1955) was an American actor. He died in an auto accident.

Lizzie Bordon (1860-1927) was the woman accused of "taking an axe and giving her mother forty whacks. And when she saw what she had done, she gave her father forty-one." It is still unknown whether or not she was guilty, though she was acquitted. She was involved with actress Nance O'Neill in 1904, and she never married.

Gertrude "Ma" Rainey (1886-1939) is considered the first great blues vocalist. Although she married, she said that she preferred women as lovers and wearing men's clothes. She wrote and performed "Prove It on Me Blues" in which she states, "Went out last night with a crowd of my friends. They must've been women, 'cause I don't like no men."

Bessie Smith (1894?-1937) was also an American blues singer. She was born in Chattanooga, Tennesse. Her career was helped by Ma Rainey. She died in Clarksdale, Mississippi, in an auto accident.

Anaïs Nin (1903-1977) was an American writer born in France. (Jewel makes reference to her in "Morning Song" off her Pieces of You album.)

Lily Tomlin (1939- ) was an American actor and comedian. She was born in Detroit and attended Wayne State University. She won Emmy Awards in 1973, 1975, and 1981. Her first solo Broadway show was Appearing Nitely (1977), which won a Tony Award. Her second Broadway show, The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe (1985), also won a Tony Award. Lily spoke for feminist causes and gay rights.

Joan Baez (1941- ) is an American folksinger. She was born in Staten Island, New York, and attended Boston University. However, she left school to sing at coffeehouses. She is also known for her political involvement. Baez has also written two autobiographies: Daybreak (1968) and And a Voice to Sing With (1987).

Janis Joplin (1943-1970) was also a lesbian singer.

Tracy Chapman and Joan Jett are also lesbian singers.

Ani Difranco is an out bisexual folk-punk singer. She has released twelve albums and several of her songs are about her sexuality.

Ellen DeGeneres' character, Ellen Morgan, was the first main character to come out as a lesbian on prime-time television. She is involved with actress Anne Heche.

Melissa Etheridge is an awesome lesbian singer. She came out in January of 1993 at Clinton's inaugural party. She then came out with her album Yes I Am, which is her most open album (and best in my opinion). She is involved with Julie Cypher (they met on August 23, 1988). Together, they have a daughter, Bailey Jean, who was born on February 10, 1997, and a son, Beckett, who was born on November 18, 1998.

Amy Ray and Emily Saliers of the Indigo Girls are openly lesbian. In 1998, they were scheduled to play a concert (for free) at a high school in South Carolina (I believe). However, they were forced to cancel the show after parents of students began to complain and make a big deal about Amy and Emily's sexuality. It's like the parents thought that Amy and Emily were going to "make" their children gay or something.

Singers k.d. lang and Elton John are also gay. Chastity Bono (daughter of Sonny and Cher) is also a lesbian. She even made an appearance on Ellen. Actress Jodie Foster (she is so hot!) is bisexual. Designer Calvin Klein is also gay.

so not only are your comments not welcome here but they are also not true

sorry to get off topic i just dont like ignorance

Aww

I hate those missed chances, they happen all the time when we don't take the chance.

Hang in there you are not alone in being lonely there are many young men out there suffering the same fate.

You will have yours soon enough for now focus on getting your life together while waiting for it to happen.

Hugs

Take a lesson from your friend as well as myself, and grow some balls. I f you like someone you got step up your game flirt, hit on them, talk, go clubbing, but lets be real sitting hear crying to us isn't going to get you any closer to that passionate relationship that you so clearly desire. I know it's hard there's the fear of rejection and getting you heart broken, but that's just life, whether your gay, bi, strait, or whatever. But just be patient you sound young, you still have time to grow. Good Luck

• I don't think you are depressed it is more like you are distressed at not having accomplished what you had your heart set on, don't despair over it, yes you missed out on your first desire but there will be ample opportunities for you to get someone and have the fun that you seek, just keep on keeping on and don't give up the search, good luck in your search.

Be straight. You'll get more respect. And you'll be LESS lonely because there aren't a lot of gay guys....because they're scared to show their shame. I don't blame them. Gayness is embarrassment. That's why I'm striaght. Be straight and life will be A LOT easier. You don't see Gay Presidents, but you DO see gay plumbers and mcdonald's staff. What does this tell you? Straight people are helping the country grow, until gays. They cannot work a normal relationship and is just plain stupid. Sick gays. I hate them. No offence to anyone. =) =(

Sounds like a pretty legit reason to me.

yeah... it sucks to be lonely... *sends you a hug* :( I know you will find someone... but sometimes its easier to be sure of that for everyone else... I know how impossible it can feel... but trust me you will

You'll find one, trust me. And its going to be hot!