Aaron C asked in PetsRodents · 1 decade ago

What small animal (hampster, mouse, rat, gerbil, guinea pig) is the cleanest smelling?

I've had guinea pigs and hampsters before but it seems like they were pretty darned stinky. Any other good alternatives?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

None of the above, they all smell really bad if you don't clean there cages once a week. I think the cleanest smelling would be a mouse or a dwarf hamster because they are smaller and they don't poop or urine alot.

Good Luck!:)

Source(s): Many rodents as pets, such as hamsters and they are one of the stinkiets along with guinea pigs!
  • 1 decade ago

well rats are definately the stinkiEST.

Gerbils smell, and so do guinea pigs.

Out of those, my hampster was definately the least foul smelling - haha :D

but i don't know about a mouse because i've never had one

xx

• 1 decade ago

hands down the african soft furred rat aka natal or african dwarf rat.

i have 5 (and 22 babies)of them for breeding pruposes in a 30g breeder tank. they dont smell even after a week or two of not cleaning. i am serious.

unfortunatley if you dont get them used to you at a very yound age they can be quite aggresive.

grown they are about the size of a small rat about 2-3oz.

and one more thing since they are not breed for labs, they dont get cancer a lot.

• 1 decade ago

i had all of the pets that u listed

guinea pigs,mouse and hamsters are smelly especially mouse

gerbils and rat arent that smelly

but if u will not clean their cage at it will start to smell

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

it's not the animal that smells, it's a dirty cage. Clean the cage out at least once a week, and find a bedding (not cedar or pine, of course) that you think is best with odor.

• Zeera
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Doesn't everything in the hampster get washed?!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gerbils don't have a smell, but you do have to clean their cages regularly or it will smell.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Squirrels. They don't smell & I even have a potty in their cage for them to potty in and they use it.

• 1 decade ago

i would go with gerbil

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.