I get a numb or tingling feeling in the fingers of my left hand, any ideas what it could be?

Had it a day or two now.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

That is usually from a pinched nerve at the first thoracic or seventh cervical vertebrae -here the neck and the shoulders connect. This is usually caused by tension in the upper back (which anyone at a desk, computer, or retail register will get). Try a massage, gentle stretching, or a nice long bubble bath.

Source(s): I get it down my left arm into the outside fingers of my left hand
  • bud
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I had this and automatically thought because it was my left side it was something to do with my heart, I got it checked out and my scan found I had a slipped disc in my neck and when it moved it trapped a nerve and that is why I got the tingling, best get it sorted

• 1 decade ago

It could be carpel tunnel syndrome. Or maybe a nerve problem if you've recently knocked your arm. I had this following a crack on the "funny bone". Should resolve in a few days time, if not see a doctor.

• 1 decade ago

Probably a pinched nerve in your elbow causing your fingers to be numb.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Any other symptoms? Problems with eyesight or coordination? Any falls or unusual clumsiness? Get it checked by doctor - could be a number of things.

• 1 decade ago

usually tingling feeling means bad blood circulation but don't take my word for it ,go to your GP, a simple test should put your mind at rest

• 1 decade ago

could be to do with the nerves in the digits caused by doing the same action over and over again, see a DR, they will help you

• 1 decade ago

RSI? (repetitive strain injury) i also get it when i lean on my elbows for too long, like a trapped nerve or something

• 1 decade ago

could be circulatory problem,could be carpal tunnel syndrome your probably best going to see your doctor for some tests

hope it gets better

• 1 decade ago

poor circulation by the sounds of it,get it checked out

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.