I get a numb or tingling feeling in the fingers of my left hand, any ideas what it could be?

Had it a day or two now.

Favorite Answer

That is usually from a pinched nerve at the first thoracic or seventh cervical vertebrae -here the neck and the shoulders connect. This is usually caused by tension in the upper back (which anyone at a desk, computer, or retail register will get). Try a massage, gentle stretching, or a nice long bubble bath.

Source(s): I get it down my left arm into the outside fingers of my left hand
  • bud

I had this and automatically thought because it was my left side it was something to do with my heart, I got it checked out and my scan found I had a slipped disc in my neck and when it moved it trapped a nerve and that is why I got the tingling, best get it sorted

It could be carpel tunnel syndrome. Or maybe a nerve problem if you've recently knocked your arm. I had this following a crack on the "funny bone". Should resolve in a few days time, if not see a doctor.

Probably a pinched nerve in your elbow causing your fingers to be numb.

Any other symptoms? Problems with eyesight or coordination? Any falls or unusual clumsiness? Get it checked by doctor - could be a number of things.

usually tingling feeling means bad blood circulation but don't take my word for it ,go to your GP, a simple test should put your mind at rest

could be to do with the nerves in the digits caused by doing the same action over and over again, see a DR, they will help you

RSI? (repetitive strain injury) i also get it when i lean on my elbows for too long, like a trapped nerve or something

could be circulatory problem,could be carpal tunnel syndrome your probably best going to see your doctor for some tests

hope it gets better

poor circulation by the sounds of it,get it checked out