promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is tanning bad or good for acne?

Some tanning places in my town advertise that tanning helps clear acne, but I have also heard it's bad for acne....so help please!!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It isn't good for you skin. However it does help to clear up acne if you go once in a awhile. It is easy to go overboard with it though!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Wendy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Dry and/or greasy skin due to poor oil composition of the skin. Thick greasy oils clog pores, lack of oil leads to dryness and irritation. You need thin oils to moisturize while dissolving and clearing gunk in your poors. Try fish oil or seafood. 2 tsp fish oil a day or 4 servings of seafood a week. Stick it out for at least 2 months; it will take a long time to replace all your oil. Any effect after 1-2 days is temporary or random; so even if it makes you break out a little at first, you haven't given it a full try yet.

In the short term you can wash and moisturize well, but that will only go so far. Plus excessive washing can be drying and excessive moisturizing can be clogging. Use a small amount of a light moisturizer, made with oil not jelly or grease. Often that means soybean oil or mineral oil. Mineral oil means mined from the ground. So soybean oil is usually better, though mineral oil won't cause too much harm. Clean with soap and water, not a harsh acne cleanser. Even then they only work so well. So you really need the seafood.

Antibiotics aren't really good for bacteria long term, they'll come back in force after. Short term they may help. After you get off them find some kefir with acidophilus listed first or 2nd to replace the friendly bacteria they destroyed. Studies show less illness when you have these bacteria, even outside the stomach in places such as the lungs and elsewhere. You want friendly bacteria to fill the void when the antibiotics stop, not harmful ones.

In the short term you might also try 100,000+ iu retinol vitamin A (a megadose, and too much for normal use) or one of the acne drugs that is similar to retinol vitamin A. It's some minor harm to your organs, but it helps against bacteria on your skin. At least it doesn't have the other long term drawbacks to your skin that antibiotics and many scrubs do.

If you would like to learn how to treat your acne permanently and regain your health and wellbeing, without drugs, without typical acne treatments, and without any side effects, then this will be the most important letter you will ever read.

Weird Trick Forces Your Body

To Eliminate Your Acne

Giving You Beautiful Clear Skin

In 30-60 Days?

Make sure your sound is turned on!

• 1 decade ago

I have been told that it is good for clearing up skin, but that came from a tanning bed freak. Clear up pimples, yet turn orange and wrinkly. U choose.

• 1 decade ago

tanning is generally very bad for your skin.even if you do it on a bed,you're still damaging your skin and you'll be getting wrinkles sooner than someone who doesn't tan.tanning doesn't do anything for pimples.if you want to clear your skin,just get a good cleanser,toner and a medicated moisturiser for the pimples.also wash skin twice a day and protect it from damaging UVA and UVB rays to keep it soft and supple.any products with tea tree extracts will be good for clearing the skin.hope this helps!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Tanning dries out your skin, which can temporarily make pimples get smaller. But tanning also damages your skin permanently and can give you cancer, so don't do it! If all you want is to dry out your skin, you might as well just put dots of toothpaste on overnight.

• 1 decade ago

It can make it worse, since you getting sweaty tanning. The only thing is tanner skins tends to hide acne better.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, tanning can dry up pimples temporarily, but if this is why you want to go tanning, I suggest you just stick to proactiv. There are many downsides to tanning, including skin cancer, which you want to avoid at all costs.

• Rose
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

i always heard the sun can help clear your skin but i dont know about artificial tanning...im guessing the uv rays might do something for it

• 1 decade ago

I thinks its bad, since your skin is like breaking out. I've never heard such thing as it will clear up acne, they maybe just trying to make a sale.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Fake lotion tanning can make you break out. Also to much sun can to. so it isnt really good for your skin. but many people do it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.