I have the stomach flu. I know it's not gd 2 eat when I have a flu but I'm really hungry, What should I do?

Is there anything that I can eat with out it hurting my stomach or my flu? Please help me! Thanks!

• chilly
    Favorite Answer

dry biscuits are what i live on when i have a stomach bug.

i like arrowroots with vegemite on them, but hey, anything light and easy to digest will do you good. Avoid anything spicey.

when we were kids mum used to give us grated apple, it seemed to help too.

The best thing to eat when you have the flu are clear liquids - jello, chicken soup, saltine crackers, Gatorade, and so forth. If you are hungry you must eat, or else you will deplete yourself even more.

The above list is just a basic guideline of what a doctor will say to eat - basically if you can see through it, eat it. That is only for a day or two - you can also add things like rice, oatmeal as time passes.

Whatever you are able to tolerate is what you should eat.

I hope you are feeling better soon! :)

Very mild stuff and TONS of fluids...

Water, Gatorade, Ginger Ale, cool mild tea, 7-Up, are all good drink choices. Orange juice is okay too, if your tummy can handle the acid). NOT milk or anything thick as it can thicken mucus and make your stomach ill and upset.

As far as food...crackers, toast, chicken soup, vanilla pudding, popsicles, apples...anything mild and easy on both the tastebuds and the stomach. NOTHING heavy (pastas, meats), greasy (hamburgers, fries, tacos, coffee), gas producing (raw veggies like beans and broccoli), or full of dairy (milk cheese, ice cream).

Hope that helps :)

• Erika

do no longer provide him something to consume. as a substitute, provide him sparkling broths, Pedialyte (an electrolyte drink for youthful teenagers), and various water. Have him take small sips each and every 5-10 minutes as a substitute of gulping plenty at as quickly as. With abdomen viruses, any sturdy difficulty you consume will worsen the tummy/intestines and you will throw it up, dehydrating you extra. there is somewhat no longer something you may prescribe to end or decelerate abdomen viruses. Antibiotics won't artwork. in simple terms shop fluids in him, video demonstrate his fever if he has one, and make certain there is not any blood in his diarrhea. additionally, if his eyes initiate looking listless or glazed over or his mouth is dry, get him to the ER. sons and daughters dehydrate immediately and it somewhat is extraordinarily risky. in any different case, if this does not sparkling up in a pair of days, notify his ped.

The lighter the better . Soft foods like oatmeal , jello . etc.

Try hard boiled eggs, i find these are easy to eat when Im not well

Have some soup.