Can a Car pass an M.O.T test witha noisy clutch?

I am considering buying a car and am slightly paranoid due to my lack of knowledge even though the guy I'm supposed to be buying it from is trustworthy. The car had a noisy clutch and a friend of mine says this means it has a problem with its clutch plate or cable and so wouldnt have passed the mot that it... show more I am considering buying a car and am slightly paranoid due to my lack of knowledge even though the guy I'm supposed to be buying it from is trustworthy. The car had a noisy clutch and a friend of mine says this means it has a problem with its clutch plate or cable and so wouldnt have passed the mot that it allegedly just has, he reckons that the mot certificate is dodgy and that I should report it. I was hoping that maybe someone could clear this matter up for me are there any MOT testers who can help?
Update: this is great guys he is going to fix the problem before I buy so it doesnt make the noise [hes a mechanic] was more concerned about the legitamacy of its mot. thanks for clearing up the confussion