My boyfriend and I of 3.5 years recently moved in together. However, I feel that we have made a mistake.?

What would be the best remedy for separation and moving on? We have signed a year lease and we are only in the second month. Niether of us can afford to take on the bills alone if one of us moved out. But we are not getting along and he is being disrespectful and somewhat violent - breaking our photo frames and... show more What would be the best remedy for separation and moving on? We have signed a year lease and we are only in the second month. Niether of us can afford to take on the bills alone if one of us moved out. But we are not getting along and he is being disrespectful and somewhat violent - breaking our photo frames and punching marks into the walls. This isn't how I pictured it and I don't know if I can stay.
Update: I am in no way innocent here...we both have faults. But the main issue is separation and if it is possible. We can't afford to break the lease.
Update 2: Thank you guys...appreciate the responses. (Except for sarcastic idiots)