18, and wants permission to drive with boys in cars.?

with all the teenage car accidents happening and the fact that she cant nor doesnt have the time to meet all my male friends that drive... how do i get her to allow me drive with them... we both know im responsible but she says she doesnt want to risk my life. I have no argument...what should i do?

Best Answer

18 is still young, and i understand that you DO in fact still live with your parents and want to make them happy as much as you want to be happy yourself. If you say that you both know that you are responsible than you should talk to her and tell her that you are not choosing guys that are crazy and stupid that would speed race or do anything to endanger your life. Sometimes mistakes happen, but that if you do realize that a boy is driving unsafely that you will no longer drive with him. Tell her that, and it might convince her. 18 is a big year for growth, she has to learn to trust your judgement enough.

what mum doesnt know won't hurt her...im 15 and go out in 17 year olds cars.. if you think they aren't sober/well enough to drive dont get in their car... otherwise go for it your 18..

you can use as an argument that no matter what car you are in there is the same chance of an accident because of all the other people driving.

• Becky

Are you 18? If so..then she really can't do anything to stop you, your an adult...if you still insist upon following her rules or are in some way forced to do so..[which always depends on the parents..my bro just turned 18..and he still has to follow all the ground rules.] then just tell her that she has to trust you and that nothing is really going to happen. You really need to make sure you are with responsible drivers....but other then that..I don't see why your mom should have a problem. Tell her that you'll call her when you are leaving and when you get to that place..so she doesn't have to worry about you...I'm sure she'll feel better if you tell her that.

Your 18 you dont need to have permission but just say well i want to drive in a car with a guy and it will be ok.

You mention that she doesn't want to risk your life, it's your life that's the key here, your 18 years old, since when did you need permission to ride with someone? If you live with her then you have to respect her wishes, but you don't have to tell her everything, I have 5 daughters, 3 of them are over the age of 18, I never restricted them from driving with people, that's ridiculous, they even lived with me then, your mom is overprotective and needs to let you live your life, weather your live there or not. You need to learn from your own mistakes, not hers.

Source(s): My thoughts/ 6 kids

Age does not limit your ability to drive. I was a great driver at 16, and there are 70 year olds here in Florida where you look at their rear view mirror and you see the sun.

You are 18, there should be no argument. I assume the "she" you are talking about is mom. She needs to let you live life. It is a tough thing to do as a parent, but she has to let go.

you're 18, yet you stay decrease than determine's roof, soooo....the alternative is yours. attempt and reason with the mum and father, or pass out. in case you attempt and reason, accomplish that as an grownup, no longer a toddler. possibly she has a unsaid rationalization why she is afraid to assist you to pass. sturdy success to you.

watch riding in cars with boys with her it's good

Your 18....she cant stop you. How long have you been having sex? If she cant stop you from that, then why should she stop you from riding whith who you want.