why i can't read the chinese email?

when i type in chinese wording into the message, everything fine, but my friend can not read it, and all become symbol. after that i read back the 'sent' email,all become symbol as well. how can i translate it back to chinese wording?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Due to the wide variety of character encoding available, you may only be able to read certain types of character encoding.

Are you seeing garbled characters? If so, we recommend adjusting your browser's character encoding setting. Here are instructions for the most popular browsers:

Internet Explorer 6.x

Click the View menu.

Select Encoding.

Select the appropriate language or character set.

FireFox 1.x

Click the View menu.

Select Character Encoding.

Safari 2.x

Click the View menu.

Select Encoding.

You may need to restore the original character encoding setting to view other web sites properly. If you’re viewing a message with mixed encoding, unfortunately only one character encoding set may be viewed at a time.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/set...

• Login to reply the answers
  • max m
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Make sure that the coding you are using is the same as the other person is using. There are several different types - Big5 is well used, but there are many others, including Unicode which is probably why there is a problem.

There are many sites on the net which give details on these methods of coding, so just type in one of these words with "Chinese" and you should get what you want.

Source(s): Professional work in China
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe coz you're not chinese.?

• 1 decade ago

idk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.