Few people know what the Real ID is or what it means for them when it is enforced at the end of 2009. Do YOU?

http://www.nonationalid.com/

U.S. citizens who plan to use a bank, hospital or federal service after 2010 may have to make an unexpected trip to renew their driver’s license. Few people know what the Real ID is or what it means for them when it is enforced at the end of 2009. Even lawmakers are still trying to figure out. Citizens would have to take the extra steps to prove their identities because of the new security measure recommended by Congress’ commission on the 9/11 and passed into law in 2005. States must begin issuing cards compliant with Real ID standards by December 2009 or else residents will have to bring a photo ID, Social Security card, birth certificate and proof of residence each time they use a federal service, such as a bank, hospital or air travel.

http://www.themonitor.com/news/real_5910___article...

New York City or NY State?? I think that US Citizens covers both..

Sorry, I missed the point... got it now :)

Joe... It doesn't mention "chips" That's another program at another time.

the reason the Bible thumping religious

right isn't responding is because they know that the federal ID act has nothing WHATSOEVER to do with religion.. It is what it is.. you liberals think that whenever someone posts a Q, it has something to do with the Bible or God.. get over it.

Favorite Answer

If you live or work in the United States, you'll need a federally approved ID card to travel on an airplane, open a bank account, collect Social Security payments, or take advantage of nearly any government service. Practically speaking, your driver's license likely will have to be reissued to meet federal standards.

What's going to be stored on this ID card?

At a minimum: name, birth date, sex, ID number, a digital photograph, address, and a "common machine-readable technology" that Homeland Security will decide on. The card must also sport "physical security features designed to prevent tampering, counterfeiting, or duplication of the document for fraudulent purposes

http://www.news.com/FAQ-How-Real-ID-will-affect-yo...

• So what is the problem? I have a photo ID, social security card, birth certificate and a proof of residence. I have no issue with this.

But my question is, banks, hospitals and air travel are all PRIVATELY owned companies, they just happened to be regulated federally. Does that really make them "federal service"? I thought the DMV, the US Post Office, and the such are what qualifies as "federal service". I could be wrong, but if anyone could clear the air on this, I would appreciate it.

I am finding it interesting that the bible thumping right wing base isn't raising a red flag here.

They are just following along like it's ok.

Keep dreaming.

i'm no longer a consultant. i'm rather an novice yet I somewhat have knocked assorted strokes off my game with assorted concentration. Rule one: practice. Take slow swings in the direction of the ball so as which you would be able to locate what your club would desire to be doing on the factor of effect. additionally so which you would be able to experience what your palms and palms would desire to be like on the factor of effect. when you experience and notice what would desire to be occurring address the ball and Take a sturdy sparkling stroke "via" the ball no longer at it. Rule 2: shop your eye on the ball. no longer the right although. concentration on a niche on the lower back of the ball "factor of effect:" and shop your eye on that factor. USGA regulations assist you %. up your ball and not using a stroke penalty as long as you notify your enjoying companions. in case you do no longer care to a lot approximately that and the individuals you're fidgeting with do no longer care the two %. it up and place it lower back off with the emblem on the lower back of the ball. that's the least complicated thank you to %. a factor on your golfing ball and focus till you're taking your stroke. Rule 3: in case you pass out and play with different individuals make certain they watch your ball so which you would be able to shop your head down via your swing and make a sparkling stroke with sturdy sturdy touch. sturdy success! And maximum of all have relaxing!!

NY spittzer is practicint this for Bush. The entire rational fr giving illegal aliens a liscense in NY is absurd.

its simply a dry run to see how well it works.

Outstanding I can do that, it is not hard to be prepared. Will this apply to New York as well?

i won't use one because it is a violation of my privacy. for those who don't know what I'm talking about, i suggest you research it.

ok!!!

where do ya want to implant that chip???!!!

should i just bend over and let them take over??!!!

NOT!!!!!!!

Source(s): me!