Is 37 weeks pregnant full term or is 38 weeks??

I keep getting different answers.... I am 37 weeks tommorrow and I have been having labor pain... and they have even me med's to stop labor once already. I don't wanna take the medicine again but, I keep hearing that 37 weeks is full term but then I turn around and someone says 38? So what is it??
Update: I was told my baby looks good... I have had the perfect pregnancy. No problems with him or me... blood work is always good, he's heart rate has been great since my frist doppler... I just don't understand why they stopped it. I feel like they took advage of me because of my age. I was only 1 cm but they... show more I was told my baby looks good... I have had the perfect pregnancy. No problems with him or me... blood work is always good, he's heart rate has been great since my frist doppler... I just don't understand why they stopped it. I feel like they took advage of me because of my age. I was only 1 cm but they could have just sent me home untill I was in active labor!! Am I just crazy or what??