Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsChemistry · 1 decade ago

Which is an unreactive metal???Iron? Siver? Sodium?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The most stable (unreactive) metals are the precious metals : gold most unreactive, then silver than copper. The answer to your Q is therefore silver.

To remember the reactivity series of metals use this mnemonic.

PLEASE potassium

SEND sodium

CHARLIE's Calcium

MONKEYS Magnesium

AND Aluminium

Zebras Zinc

In Iron

Lead Lead

CAGES Copper

SECURELY SILVER

GATED Gold.

The top ones are the most reactive (in order).

Hope this helps.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Unreactive Metals

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Which is an unreactive metal???Iron? Siver? Sodium?

Source(s): unreactive metal iron siver sodium: https://tr.im/UAiiM
  • 1 decade ago

Sodium = most reactive

Iron = medium reactive

Silver = least reactive

To tell what order things are reactive in, look at a thing called the reactivity series. Its basically a list of metals in order of how reactive they are in all situations. Follow the link below.

Now one tip of how to tell if something is reactive is how shiny it is. Gold, silver, copper... are all very shiny metals. Now why is that? Its because they're not reactive; they dont react to oxygen in the air and so the surface still remains pure/non-corroded. Take a piece of sodium, and it will turn dull in a few minutes, because the outside layer corrodes quickly to oxygen in the air, so a rusty outside layer forms.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Norrie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Silver, but, it's not unreactive, it's simply one of the precious metals, all of which have low reactivity.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

silver is the answer

to check that i'm not lying look at whatever good jewellry you own. is it made of silver? silver is used for jewellry because it is unreactive and so won't harm your skin or explode when you go in the shower.

=)

• 1 decade ago

Silver is relatively unreactive.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

The answer is silver because It has the highest electrical conductivity of all metals, even higher than copper, but its greater cost has prevented it from being widely used in place of copper for electrical purposes.

• 1 decade ago

sodium is the most reactive. silver's the answer. Check wikipedia.

• 4 years ago

sun goes down and v r here together fire flies glow like a thousand charms stay with me and u can dream forever right here in my arms tonight sounds of day fade away stars began to climb melodies fill the breeze sweeter all the time lol i love to sing like this that time and i like to drink a hot coffee and its a pretty time to be and i like to be there with you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.