Are there any other ways to spell Taylor?

We are going to name out daughter Taylor Ann, but I was wondering if there were any other ways to spell it ... to make it more unique?

Favorite Answer

Taylor is one of the many spellings of "tailor." It originally was the name of an occupation: a MALE who sews clothes for MALES (a female who sewed clothes for females was called a "seamtress," but this didn't become a last name because when a seamstress married back then she always took her husband's name).

Tyler is a common spelling of "tailor," too. This reason I am responding to your post is because our family's 7-year-old named Tyler came home from school crying because someone teased her and a girl named Taylor that their names were "just stupid names for a low-class male job." She insisted on looking it up for herself on-line (with help from an adult) and found that it did indeed come from the word for a MAN who sews clothes. We've had to work hard to help her see that the name is neither "stupid" nor "low-class," but she can't get over the fact her parents didn't bother to check out the meaning of the name and gave her a tag for a boy. They just liked the name and knew lots of other people naming their girls that. Tyler is almost ten now and we are holding our breath that for the third year in a row she won't ask for a name change for Christmas. She is going to a new school next year (her dad's job is moving across town) and she wants to be known there by her middle name. You'll be happy to know that her middle name is the same one you like, only spelled "Anne." She's got everyone in the family but her stubborn mother calling her that already.

Taylor/Tyler has been a faddish name for about a decade now. Are you picking a name for the fad of the moment or a name for a lifetime? At the very least, if you are stuck on this name, tell her what it means before a mean kid ambushes her with that information on the schoolyard.

Taylor is best when spelled Taylor , I think. You can't really be unique with the name Taylor. I went to school with 200 people pre-k through 12 and there were 3 Taylor Anns.

I'm sure you will receive many answers as to different ways to spell Taylor, but my advice is to stick with "Taylor" because it's classically beautiful the way it is! If you try and come up with something like Taelor, Tailor or Tayler it just looks like you're trying too hard to be different...which your child might not like when she's older.

I had a friend who wanted to name her daughter Danielle but wanted to come up with a different spelling to be "unique", so she came up with Danyell. Well her daughter is a teen now and she hates it! She ends up spelling her name "Danielle" even though that is not what's on her birth certificate.

I think Taylor Ann is a beautiful name just the way it is.

Try Tailor, Tayler, Tailer...

I prefer the classic spelling myself. Taylor Ann is a beautiful name.

xXo

If your looking for unique, Taylor (no matter how it is spelled) is not it. There are 3 Taylor's in my kids class this year....So when the teacher calls on Taylor 3 kids answer, no matter the spelling.....

not that i know of but u can always spell it the way u want which will make her name more unique. my fathers name is Taylor and my cousins nickname is Taylor even though her name is Shakera. It's how u pronounce it to...

Umm why would you want to misspell your child's name for the sake of "being unique"?

Think about her future...

Oh yeah, and alot of ppl on here are using the name "Tayla" as a substitute for Taylor - I don't like that name too much either.

• tone

Taiylor Ann

Taylore Anne

The name Tayla was very popular in Australia a few years ago. How about Taela?

Tailor

Tayler