How do i reset a Bios pass on a Dell Inspiron 1000, was my wifes she has passed on. Dell was useless?

I have no floppy on the laptop so i cant flash the bios, couldnt even do that since i cant even boot up

Favorite Answer

I've experimented with Dell motherboards. There is a two prong pin set next to the battery. There will be a little sleeve like thing over the two pins. remove it then turn your PC back on. the pass will be removed, then just reinstall the jumper.

Source(s): Sorry about your Wife

Open the case of your PC, then look with your motherboard

look for the place where the motherboard battery is located it looks like a flat battery usually used in some watches, a big one, okay near there you could see a black pin (usually called as a Jumper in technical words) it was attach in two pins with 1 sphare at the side, just relocate the pin on the other side, then after 20 seconds return it again. TURN ON your PC then,it will directly go to the BIOS, just only choose Set the Default then save it.

Your wifes pass will also passed away.