Has anyone breathed pure oxygen in a sauna?

Responding to a friend’s query about the potential for O2 depletion in my sauna, I did some quick volume calculations. While everything figured ok, I started wondering what would happen if I pumped in O2 to breath. Having some chemistry background, it looked like it would be a good deal. I picked up an O2... show more Responding to a friend’s query about the potential for O2 depletion in my sauna, I did some quick volume calculations. While everything figured ok, I started wondering what would happen if I pumped in O2 to breath. Having some chemistry background, it looked like it would be a good deal.

I picked up an O2 concentrator and ran a line into the sauna. The results seemed fantastic – I could stay in the sauna longer due to the lower temp air in my lungs (sweat volume per unit time seemed unchanged from normal sauna, and BP and pulse were in normal sauna range), and my energy level was very high. On those “mornings after the night before”, it seemed that my blood detoxified quicker (carbon monoxide from smoke would be easier to remove under high temp and O2 concentrations.)

While I’m pleased with the results, I’m not sure if this is all a placebo effect or the real deal – I’ve been doing this for over a year now. Internet searches only talk about O2 and O3 for the skin in a sauna.
Update: I use a nasal cannula at about 3-5 l/m. there's no concern over an explosive atmosphere due to high O2 levels.
Update 2: I haven't found any sources that warn about O2 toxicity when used for an hour or so.
Update 3: The concentrator has a water bubbler, so the air has humidity.

I've always been a sauna hog - 1st in, last out. With the O2, my stay is about doubled.
Update 4: I use medical respiratory tubing, so contamination is not a concern (cheap on ebay). It runs along the floor of the sauna where the temperature is a chilly 100 F (vs the ceiling at 195). The last 10 minutes or so, I take the cannula off to fully heat up my insides. I’ve used a couple O2 sources – I can’t see... show more I use medical respiratory tubing, so contamination is not a concern (cheap on ebay). It runs along the floor of the sauna where the temperature is a chilly 100 F (vs the ceiling at 195). The last 10 minutes or so, I take the cannula off to fully heat up my insides.

I’ve used a couple O2 sources – I can’t see that it matters, so get the cheapest (but ensure the output, both for O2 and cleanliness. You also should use a humidifier)

Because the length of stay is longer, I do take extra water soluble vitamins to compensate for additional sweat losses.

Please post any findings – I love to hear about other experiences.

I’ll leave it to you folks to pick the best answer; I liked several of them.