Which is more popular in the U.S.? The NHL or the MLS?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

by total attendance NHL is more popular, since it has expanded into the southern states its popularity there is big.

Soccer, unfortunately is still not a major sport here.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Even though NHL has fallen on hard times in regards to TV ratings it's still higher then MLS. Also NHL gets larger attendance especially in cities like New York, Boston, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Denver, Detroit, and some other cities they sell out the majority of their games.

Soccer has seen a growth in interest from immigrant community and youths being more interested in the sport, but this has not translated over to the MLS. I know people who are expats or immigrants and they would rather follow English, Italian, and Mexican Soccer as they feel MLS is low quality.

NHL may not be America's favorite sport, but in the regions where it's popular ie the North East/Minnesota (other cold weather areas) fans are rabid based on a long historical love of their local NHL team.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i would definately have to say that the MLS would be. i dont even know anything about hockey....all i know is you pass it back and forth and try to get the puck in the goal. lol

• 1 decade ago

It differs by region.

The warm states tend to watch soccer. The northern states/cold states - hockey.

I like them both.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.