A-Rod and chemistry?

Can someone explain to me what it means when they say that Alex Rodriguez would hurt the chemistry of the Red Sox? What exactly are you talking about, beyond vague references to this elusive "chemistry"? The Oakland A's of the early '70s had horrible chemistry, with a clubhouse full of guys... show more Can someone explain to me what it means when they say that Alex Rodriguez would hurt the chemistry of the Red Sox? What exactly are you talking about, beyond vague references to this elusive "chemistry"?

The Oakland A's of the early '70s had horrible chemistry, with a clubhouse full of guys who despised each other and management. That group won three straight World Series. The 1986 Mets had plenty of infighting, and they won. And even the vaunted late 1990s version of the Yankees had plenty of clubhouse bickering and alleged "poor chemistry," but still won year after year.

So, how will A-Rod really hurt the Sox' chemistry? By hitting too many homers? Making too many plays in the field? I think you're all crazy not to want him, and would love to see a reasoned explanation - with facts instead of conjecture - about why it would be a bad move.
Update: If chemistry is so critical, why do so many with alleged poor chemistry win titles? Could it be that winning breeds chemistry?
Update 2: Kris - I agree, it's critical in sports like basketball and hockey. The Spurs are very talented, but they also have an amazing ability to play together.