should i seal my aggregate concrete driveway? I am tired of sweeping all the little rocks.?

I have about 3000sq ft. of aggregate and have been avoiding it because i know it will be costly (as was the aggregate)..what could happen if i choose not to seal it?

Favorite Answer

I have to agree with DIY doc, I had an aggregate exposed concrete driveway for 10 years and never sealed it nor did I have to sweep away little rocks. It sounds like you should contact the contractor who poured it and make a stink if you know who that is. If not, try sealing it, but it the mix was correct it never should require maintance of any sort. (PS I was in an area that got hard freezes and snow)

Source(s): 30 years experience in interior design and had an exposed aggregate driveway, walkways and patio

How To Seal Aggregate Driveway

• Teresa

I have a coloured concrete drive but the colour was added to the mix before it was put down. I don't think it can be done afterwards. I'm not sure about masonry paint as a driveway gets a lot of heavy wear and tear which would mark it after a while. You can put a sealant on but make sure it's matt rather than glosss or it will be slippery in the winter. It won't however cover up the mismatch of concrete. Your best bet could be to take it up and replace it with pavers or asphalt or possibly put another thin layer of concrete on top. Because of the new laws regarding water run off unless it's pavers you may need planning consent.

RE:

Source(s): seal aggregate concrete driveway tired sweeping rocks: https://trimurl.im/i80/should-i-seal-my-aggregate-...

As others suggest; at this point SEALING would help. The issue however; should have been addressed IMMEDIATELY with the contractor. Certainly sounds like a bad mix, (too much sand?) and shoddy workmanship to me.

I live in the states; have had "concrete" driveways forever; and NEVER sealed one, not had any "crumble"

Steven Wolf

Source(s): 45 plus years as a contractor

Remember every time you sweep those little rocks, you are taking away from your drive!

I would pay the money and seal it. It could save you in the long run. Especially if you live in a climate where it freezes, water can get into the depressions left when the stones loosen, and when the water freezes, it expands, which can loosen even more stones.

I think you should seal aggregate concrete driveway

Y es i would seal my driveway with ker-seal you can find at any concrete sales office. You will have to clean all loose debree off and then either spray on or you can roll it on like painting,it will dry clear,or you can go with white.

Source(s): 12 years of concrete/ consumers concrete

Check out naturestonefloors.com Absolutely beautiful. This can be used in basements, garages, driveways, sun rooms, pools, etc. etc. check it out.

dont know where you live but if you have frosts you would be wasting your money ..