Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 decade ago

Did you ever read and see the movie. The Great Gatsby, by F.Scott Fitzgerald?

I loved this book, and loved the movie. I wish I could get a copy. Your comments.

Favorite Answer

I've never read the book but I saw the movie and Robert Redford was perfect as Gatsby. That movie caused a retro-revolution in mens fashions in particular at the time.

.

I was disappointed in their choice of Mia Farrow as Daisy. I never cared for her much as an actress. She was in one scene where she's in his closet looking at all Gatsby's clothes and she starts crying because he has so many shirts. I still don't know what the hell that was all about.

.

Sam Waterston was good as Nick, as was Bruce Dern as Tom Buchanan. The movie had a rich feel to it. Filmed in Newport with beautiful old cars and 20s fashions. With the exception of Mia Farrow it was a well done movie.

.

Yes, I saw the movie first and enjoyed it but the book was so much better and wish I had read it before I saw the movie. That is what I do now, I try to read the book before the movie comes out. You can get a copy at Amazon.com

I have read the book and have seen the movie. My mother was a fan of F. Scott Fitzgerald. I have old photos of her in those wonderful flapper dresses. She and her friends looked beautiful.

Didn't the line "the rich are different from us, they have money" come from The Great Gatsby?

I saw the movie with a friend. When Robert Redford first appeared on the screen in that pink suit gazing across the water at Daisy's house the entire audience let out a gasp. He was so good looking!!! Pretty good movie.

The book is better than the movie but the movie is excellent..ah Gatsby's love for Daisy.

This is one of the few Robert Redford movies that I have never seen. Putting that one on my movie list now.....

I'm sure that you could easily find a copy of either the book or movie. I think amazon is a good place to find them. Your local video store may also be able to help you find a copy of the movie.

Watched the movie. Do a google search for the film. Amazon.com may have it for sale unless Ted Turner bought the rights to it.

My husband loves "Where The Red Fern Grows" and I finally found it on Amazon.com

And the film with Robert Redford. I could have lived in those days. Lovely book should read it again.

Go on ebay for the book; but I would think you could order it [if it is not available] in any book store.

Yes, I have seen the movie - thoroughly enjoyed it!

Yes, I had to read it and watch it back when I was in 10th grade.