Forced into psych ward...?

Okay so I've been to the hospital twice in the last month for cutting myself. The first time I went willingly into the psych ward, figured I would give it a chance. This last time I refused to go because of the way I was treated and cared for. The hospital let me go this second time but said if anything... show more Okay so I've been to the hospital twice in the last month for cutting myself. The first time I went willingly into the psych ward, figured I would give it a chance. This last time I refused to go because of the way I was treated and cared for. The hospital let me go this second time but said if anything happened again I wouldn't have a choice. Can they make me go? I'm 22, an adult that should make a difference. I'm not suicidal at all, I'm on medicine [still trying to figure out the right mix, think i'm misdiagnosed imo] and in counseling. I really don't see how being in the hospital will be any different than what I'm doing. I saw the therapist for 5 minutes a day in the hospital and thats it. Spent the whole 3 days in my room, never went to group. At least I'll have family outside. Anyone know the laws for that in Virginia?
Update: I was in CPAT, horrible place to go.
Update 2: The only reason I went to the hospital is because the cut was deep enough to need stitches but since it had been just over 12 hours they wouldn't stitch it up at all.