promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

<幫>英翻中

<請幫翻越明越好>

Ad libbing

A college drama group presented a play in which one character would stand on a trap door and announce, “I descend into hell!”

A stagehand below would then pull a rope, the door would open and the character would plunge through. The play was well received. One night the usual actor fell ill, and the substitute was quite overweight. When the new actor announced, “I descend into hell,” he became stuck in the trap door. No amount of tugging on the rope could make him descend. One student in the balcony yelled, “Hallelujah! Hell is full!”

A modern-day scientist was conversing with God and told Him blatantly, “You know, God, WE can transplant just about every organ, we can replace arms and legs and so forth. It seems to me we just don’t need you any more, God.”

God, in His quiet way, replied, “Well, you think not, huh? Let’s just have a contest and make a man.”

“OK,” and the scientist enthusiastically reached down and grabbed up a handful of dirt.

“Oh, no,” God stopped him in midair. “Get your own dirt!”

2 Answers

Rating
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ad-libbing

臨場發揮

A college drama group presented a play in which one character would stand on a trap door and announce, "I descend into hell!"

一個大學戲劇團表演一個話劇當中一個演員會站在個陷阱門上宣佈,"我落入地獄!"

A stagehand below would then pull a rope, the door would open and the character would plunge through. The play was well received.

一個在下面的幕後工作人員將會拉條繩子,門會打開那個演員會穿過下墬.話劇剖受好評.

One night the usual actor fell ill, and the substitute was quite overweight. When the new actor announced, “I descend into hell,” he became stuck in the trap door.

一天晚上,那個演員病了,代替的演員有點過重.當那個新演員宣布,"我落入地獄,"他被卡在陷阱門.

No amount of tugging on the rope could make him descend. One student in the balcony yelled, "Hallelujah! Hell is full!"

不管如何拉繩子也無法拉下他.一個坐在陽台的學生大喊,"哈利路亞!地獄滿了!"

A modern-day scientist was conversing with God and told Him blatantly, "You know, God, WE can transplant just about every organ, we can replace arms and legs and so forth. It seems to me we just don't need you any more, God."

一個近代的科學家跟上帝聊天,然後直接告訴他,"你曉得,上帝,我們幾乎可以移植任何器官,我們可以更換手臂跟腳等等.看起來我們不再需要你,上帝."

God, in His quiet way, replied, "Well, you think not, huh? Let's just have a contest and make a man."

上帝,用他的靜靜的方式,回答, "好, 你認為不, huh?"讓我們比賽來做人.

"OK," and the scientist enthusiastically reached down and grabbed up a handful of dirt. "Oh, no," God stopped him in midair. "Get your own dirt!"

"OK," 然後科學家熱情的向下抓一把土. "哦,不,"上帝(半空)停住他(的手). "用你自己的土!"

Source(s): 自己 and some english-chinese dictionary websites
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 廣告 學院戲曲小組提出了一個字符會站立在陷井門和會宣佈的戲劇, "我下降入地獄!" 舞臺工作人員如下然後會拉扯繩索, 門會打開並且字符會浸入通過。戲劇很好被接受了。通常演員一夜生了病, 並且替補是相當超重。當新演員宣佈, "我下降入地獄," 他變得陷進在陷井門。相當數量用力拖在繩索不能使他下降。一名學生在陽臺上叫喊了, "哈利路亞! 地獄是充分的!"

現代天科學家交談與上帝並且大膽地告訴他, "您知道, 上帝, 我們能移植關於每種器官, 我們能替換胳膊和腿等等。以我所見我們不再需要您, 上帝。" 上帝, 用他安靜的方式, 回復了,

"很好, 您認為不是, 哼? 讓我們有比賽和做一個人。" "好," 和科學家下來熱心地到達了和劫掠了幾土。"Oh, 沒有," 上帝停止了他在空中。"得到您自己的土!"

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.