jack
jack asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

bare escentuals?

for those who have tried bare escentuals.

did your complexion actually improve? if so, how long did it take?

and did it cause breakouts at first? did they clear up after your face got used to the change in makeup?

Favorite Answer

i am a longtime bare escentuals user. my skin is dry, and ultra sensitive, this is the only brand, that never once made me break out, it didn't irritate my skin at all. in fact, it has actually improved the quality of my skin a lot over the years. it made me look better, as well as younger, immediately. my skin started getting better and more even after about one month. this is the absolute best make-up i've found in many years. it stays on through 12 hour shifts, in heat & humidity. it looks & feels completely natural, it also doesn't settle into fine lines and wrinkles, so it makes me look years younger. the bare mineral brushes last me several years, with proper care. the starter kit (60.00) includes all the brushes needed, 2 foundation shades, warmth, mineral veil, glee, and the how-to dve. this kit lasts 2-3 months. the full size foundation (25.00) & mineral veil(19.00) last me about one year.

Source(s): 6 year user

I have used BE for about 4 years now and I have to say that I really do love it! My skin is so finicky and sensitive that I usually refer to it as 'radio-active'. (My skin sucks up foundation, lotions, etc. and then breaks out horribly.)

So I decided to try BE, even though I wasn't initially in love with the price. However, after about 3 weeks of consistent use, I noticed a difference in my complexion and texture of my skin. Not a huge difference, but BE is the first foundation that I can use and not break out. I will say that at first, I had a few little whiteheads show up, but this eventually stopped happening.

Since I joined the BE club I got shipments every 120 days and a free gift always comes in the box. One month I received the 'skin rever-upper'. Now this stuff ain't nothin' but the truth! I use it as a primer before applying the foundation as well as a moisturizer at night. Smooths and softens the skin and makes application flawless. Again, no break outs.

So I have said all of this to say- give it a try. If you are already using it, give it about 3 solid weeks of consistent use w/ the skin rever-upper. (Available from BE or QVC) Worth every penny... Hope this helps!

Well, everyones skin is different.

Go to Sephora, and see what they tell you.

I have pimples, and I used it for the first time last year, and my complexion did improve. It became more even, and less bumpy. I noticed a change in the first week. The very first time I applied it, you feel like its not covering anything, but once your skin adapts to it, the pimples start to go away. Just be careful, because if your skin is acne prone, and you switch back to a cheap foundation, your skin will react for the worst

I got a makeover done over a year ago at the store at the Mall of America and got the starter kit for my birthday. It didn't cause me to break out. It does cover up any breakouts I do get. I barely wore makeup to begin with because I didn't like the way my skin felt with the liquid foundation. I'll never go back to that again. My mom's even switched from liquid to mineral makeup. And the Loreal stuff works just as well and isn't as expensive.

Source(s): Me

Noooooooo! My skin actually got worse. I have never had so many break outs. I gave it 4 months before I gave up thinking I just needed time to adapt. As soon as I stopped using it the break outs stopped I have not had any in a good long time. This was pretty scary to me as I really don't have bad skin at all. One pimple is a traumatic experience for me with this product I had more pimples at 30 than I did at 16. I would not suggest this product to anyone. I realize I may be the exception to the rule since many people do have very good luck with it.

I used bareescentuals starter kit because all of my friends were raving about it, when I got it I was so excited... little did I know!!!

Biggest waste of 60$ ever!!!

This stuff caked up on my face horribly (didn't smooth around fine hairs, made a line on my face, and even with the mineral veil it made me look oily), this stuff lasted about two ours then disappeared (and even when it was visible on my skin it didn't cover crap!!!!), and it also made my face turn red and cause a huge breakout!!!!

THe one thing I actually liked about it was the flawless face brush, but even that ended up falling apart at one point!!!

Don't get it, try other mineral makeup options (personally I am not a fan of mineral makeup but it is good for your skin). I am in LOVE with almay nearly naked liquid foundation though!!! It's amazing, the exact opposite of bareminerals!!! GOod luck trying things though!

I personally didn't care for it, but i have a lot of friends who love the stuff. Everyone's skin is different try it and it may be good for you.