Can someone tell me how getting married works?

I know i'm not dumb! i know the basic about getting married but i'm talking about the paper work. you go to the marriage licences place, right? then we are looking for something fast and small, so would you go to the court house or something like that? And i also live in texas.

Any one know a good website to locate these places in my area?

• Whit
    Favorite Answer

ok im from texas so this is what you need to do.

Call your local county clerks office and talk to them. (just google your county name and than marriage license) There is a 72 hour wait period unless your in the miltary. They are only good for 30 days. And they cost 41 bucks (well the one is my county does) Both parties must be there to sign the license. Both parties must have a valid ID such as a driver's license. Best thing is that there is no blodd test requirements. :)

this is what they site looks like for harris county:

http://www.cclerk.hctx.net/ than you would click on contact than brand office locations. It lists all the locations in your county. Give one of them a call.

Hope this helps

You go to your local court house and pay for the marriage certificate and then you mail/return the bottom half back to the court. Get the license, both of you sign it, have a minister sign it and two friends over the age of 18 sign it. Whala...you are married.

You'll need to get a license in the county you plan to wed in. Look in your phone book (the blue pages are government) for marriage licenses. I think the wait in TX for a license is three days, unless one of you is in the military. Once you have the license you can go to the justice of the peace and say I do.

Source(s): I got married in Texas last year.

If you want fast and small, just drive or fly to Las Vegas, go to the courthouse and get a license, then walk accross the street and tell them at the desk at the wedding chapel that you want to get married. I think courthouse is open until midnight. Wedding chapels open all night for sure.

Contact ur local Court house..

they have a judge there.. u go buy the lienses.. pay for them.. the judge will marry u.. then.. say I DO!!!!

short.. small..fast.... and simple..

signed TX too...

google ur province/state's govt website...

they have info

u can just walk into the city hall court and get more info and even get married

Well the only difference about Marriage and a normal relationship is that the woman decides when to have sex.

you can probably do it over the internet these days. just google it.

i believe all you need is the license, check the laws for your state

sorry... the question is how it doesn't!!