Which is the flower that eats human beings or other animals?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best Answer
  • Aseel answered 7 years ago
The Venus Flytrap (Dionaea muscipula) is a carnivorous plant that catches and digests animal prey (mostly insects and arachnids). The trapping structure is formed by the terminal portion of each of the plant's leaves.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (12)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Ronin answered 7 years ago
    There are a few that are carnivorous. I have never heard of one eating a man. They are usually normal flower-sized.

Venus Fly-trap
    Pitcher plant
    etc...
    • Comment
  • Mohammad N answered 7 years ago
    The fly-trap of the venus flytrap and the pitcher of the pitcher plant are both modified forms of leaves, not flowers. Its true though that these plants usually grow in nitrogen poor soils so need to feed on insects as a source of nitrogen for proteins and other compounds. There are some mosqiutos though that take advantage of the nutritious broth of digested insects inside a pitcher by laying their eggs in that soup and their larvae (obviously resistent to the enzymes) lavishly grow in the pitchers.
    • Comment
  • Amy answered 7 years ago
    There are a few that are carnivorous, but I have never heard of one eating human beings.
    some that I know are:

Venus Fly-trap
    Pitcher plant

hope that helps!!!
    • Comment
  • CNTB answered 7 years ago
    I second Ronin: Venus fly trap and the Pitcher plant.
    Remember that insects are animals too!
    It has been strongly suggested that Venus fly traps and pitcher plants eat insects because the soil they live in has little nitrogen. Nitrogen is needed to build things like DNA and proteins that a plant needs and, naturally, nitrogen comes from protein. Insects are a great source of protein, and thus nitrogen. So to get the nitrogen they need, some plants eat insects.

However, I've never heard of a plant that eats humans. There are certainly plants that are toxic to humans.
    • Comment
  • Iris answered 7 years ago
    umm... no such thing that I know of... maybe you're thinking of the fly trap plant that catches flies?
    • Comment
  • oikos answered 7 years ago
    It exists in the show "Little Shop of Horrors". Not in real life, at least as far as humans are concerned. Venus flytrap, sundews, and pitcher plants can eat insects, tho.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Rikounet answered 7 years ago
    I can't believe nobody has heard of the triffids. These vicious plants will devour any hapless human that gets too close to the flower.

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • lingam answered 7 years ago
    No one plant eat Human. But
    Carnivorous plants (sometimes called insectivorous plants) are plants that derive some or most of their nutrients (but not energy) from trapping and consuming animals or protozoans, most focusing on insects and other arthropods. Carnivorous plants usually grow in places where the soil is thin or poor in nutrients, especially nitrogen, such as acidic bogs and rock outcroppings.
    For furthur details and seeing the picture & mechnism of eating visit the following links
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivorous...
    http://www.bestcarnivorousplants.com/

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • Emmy answered 7 years ago
    While there are several species of plants that eat insects, man-eating plants are just legends.

From Wiki:

Carnivorous plants have long been the subject of popular interest and exposition, much of it highly inaccurate.

A large man-eating tree consumed a young woman in Madagascar in 1878, as witnessed by Dr Carl Liche, or so he reported in the September 26, 1920 issue of The American Weekly. The woman was supposed to have been a member of the Mkodos, a 'little known but cruel tribe'. The woman was pictured in an accompanying artwork. In 1925 the same paper offered another carnivorous plant story, of a tree species on Mindanao, in the Philippines. There is no evidence that either of these plants is more than a fanciful story.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • nikaramirez30 answered 7 years ago
    there is no such plant could eat a human being but it could eat insects. such plants would be called a venus flytrp.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• FlutePlayer#1 answered 7 years ago
    venus fly trap
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • lilguysmum answered 7 years ago
    Venus flytrap
    • Rate
    • Comment