Is it illegal to find out a persons yahoo password, and use it to get into their MySpace account?

Is figuring out another persons yahoo, or any email account password, by figuring out a persons information to obtain your "forgotten password" illegal? And using that information to request that persons My Space password illegal? What if they use personal emails found against you? Also, is it illegal... show more Is figuring out another persons yahoo, or any email account password, by figuring out a persons information to obtain your "forgotten password" illegal? And using that information to request that persons My Space password illegal? What if they use personal emails found against you?

Also, is it illegal if they just know your email password and use that information to obtain your MySpace password?
Update: I'm NOT about to hack anyone. Someone did that to a friend of mine. Trying to obtain information to use against her in a custody battle.

He found someone about her leaving her baby with a babysitter so she could go out for once, and she drank a little. So the guy is trying to use that against her.
Update 2: something* about her. lol