Opinions about Tyler Perry's "Why did I get Married?"?

I liked the positive portrayal of African American's that stayed away from stereotypes, and the fact that the movie showed them having for the most part meaningful relationships and dealing with things any normal couple will deal with...I like the fact it stayed away from violence and drugs with which African Americans are constantly associated with, and show them all having careers and being intellectual people for once doing justice to these people...so many films out there show them as ignorant and such and it makes me angry and I loved this movie cause it finally showed the good side of things....

Plus it was sweet and romantic and funny and I really liked it...though I think it was too idealistic at times as well...the fact that Tyler PErry's character forgive the wife so readily was bs...or even the cheating between Angela and her husband they never discussed what happened there...etc...but otherwise it was coool!

What did you think?

Favorite Answer

I am a big fan of everything that Tyler Perry does, but I have to be honest, I hated that movie. Okay maybe saying that I hate the movie is mean, but I was really looking forward to see that movie, and I feel like Tyler let me down. I think that was probably the cheesiest TP movie I've ever seen. I was disappointed with Family Reunion, but I was 100 times more disappointed by Why did I get married. I didn't like the concept of it, I didn't think it was funny, and I hate that chick he had played Angela. She was in Daddy's Little girls too. I can't think of her name, but I think she is the worst actress ever. I know it sounds like I'm just being a hater, but I'm not. I really love Tyler Perry, but I'd rather he just stick to making his plays and playing Madea, because when he acts like a man, it sucks.