Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 decade ago

Has anyone heard of this company Premier Worldwide Express Inc?

Just curious if it is legitmate and if anyone has any information about the company. The website doesn't say much. Thanks!

I got the same email as well! It sounds almost too good to be true. I have never heard of them before. I checked ripoffreport.com and nothing came up. I am still looking..

Yeah it would be a great mom job. That's why it caught my attention. But there's just something not right about it.

Unfortunately the website that you gave wasn't the one that I got in their email. I checked both of them they are both different. This is the one I got http://www.premierworldwide.net/aboutus.htm

Favorite Answer

I am investigating the same thing. Let me know because this would be a great Mom Job! Way to many scams out there to not be careful.

BBB (Better Business Bureau) Says this: Name: Premier Worldwide Express, Inc.

Phone: (203) 849-2700

Fax: (203) 849-2710

Address: 5 Seir Hill Rd

Norwalk, CT 06850-1322

Original Business Start Date: January 1996

Principal: Ms. Knedsia Nottingham, President

Website: http://www.PremierWorldwide.com

TOB Classification: Delivery Service, Air Courier Service, Messenger Service, Packaging Mailing Shipping

BBB Accreditation: This organization is not a BBB Accredited business.

Additional DBA Names

PWE

Nature Of Business

This company offers international mail specialists and couriers, fulfillment and warehousing.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has a satisfactory record

with the BBB.

The BBB processed a total of 0 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.

Licensing

This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. The BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

Additional Addresses, and Telephone Numbers

Additional Addresses

PO Box 785

Wilton, CT 06897-0785

15455 Plantation Oaks Dr.

Tampa, FL 33647

Additional Phone Numbers

Tel: (800) 497-7364

Tel: (813) 632-9656

Report as of November 3, 2007

Copyright© 2007 BBB®, Inc.

If you choose to do business with this business, please let the company know that you contacted the BBB for a report

BBB reports may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.

The information in this report has either been provided by the company or has been compiled by the BBB from other reliable sources.

As a matter of policy, the BBB does not endorse any product, service or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Then I found this on www.privacyrights.org ... It came up when I typed in the company's name:

Avoiding Online Job Scams:

Critical Tips for Job Seekers

Job seekers who use online job search web sites must be careful to avoid a type of job scam in which the applicant is asked to accept payment to his or her own bank account. These are known as payment-forwarding or payment-transfer scams.

Payment-transfer scams involve a con artist who pretends to be an employer. The con artist uses a job ad to lure an unsuspecting job seeker, or they may use information from a resume they have found online. Such con artists can be quite convincing, and may even steal company names and corporate logos to convince victims that they are legitimate employers.

After the con artist has won the job seeker's trust, the con artist tricks the job seeker into giving up bank account numbers. The reasons given for this can be clever. One ploy is to tell the job seeker they can only deliver paychecks by "direct deposit.

"The "job" a job seeker will be asked to do involves forwarding or wiring money from a personal bank account, a PayPal account, or from Western Union to another account. The other account is often overseas. As part of their pay, the job seeker is instructed to keep a small percentage of the money as their payment. Sometimes the payment for making the money transfer is as low as $15. Sometimes it is as high as several hundred or several thousand dollars. Almost always, the money the victims are transferring is stolen, and therefore, the victims are committing theft and wire fraud. Usually, this kind of scam involves at least two or three victims.

There are many variations of payment-forwarding scams. Following are very simple tips that will go far to protect you from falling victim with some clarifications noted below. Again, this scam can be quite clever and refined.

1. Do not give personal bank account, PayPal account, or credit card numbers to an employer.

2. Do not agree to have funds or paychecks direct deposited to any of your accounts by a new employer.

3. Do not forward, transfer, or "wire" money to an employer.

4. Do not transfer money and retain a portion for payment.

I guess that is a bust!

Worldwide Express Inc

• Sheryl

Like all of you, I've just received an email from Euro Stone, Inc for a part time internet position. When I searched the internet for the company, I found all of you. I have a sneaky suspicion that this is not a legimit offer. If they are that big into the internet, then why don't they have a website?

I just received an employment agreement from Premiere Worldwide Express, Inc. It states I will receive 42,000 USD annually. Sounds great, but it doesn't say in the agreement exactly what I am doing. It does say that the employer is engaged in the business of mail and cash forwarding. It states that the clients Pay Pal transfer and sent the money resources to the company's representative.

Okay, I like the sound of 42,000 USD, but I wish they would let me know a little more and one of the things they said was that the only contact would be through email to an hr manager.

I haven't signed the contract, I am uncertain if this is for real. Any one else get the employment agreement?

I got the email about a job offer thru a job website, I agree it would be a great offer. But I too cannot find anything on this company. They sent me an Employment Agreement, from the UKRAINE. I am very suspecious since the email uses hotmail addresses. The Premier Worldwide I did find didn't match any of the information. I plan to email them this afternoon and inquire.

I'm looking for answers on this as well. I have sent an e-mail to Pay Pal's Phishing security department and will let you know if I hear back one way or the other. I guess the old adage about "If it sounds too good to be true..." Hopefully, it's a legit job, but my gut says otherwise. :-(

____________________________________________

Well, I haven't heard back from PayPal yet, but I'm thinking since the web address is .net on the e-mail and the real company of "Premier Worldwide Express, Inc." web address is .com that it is a hoax. If I hear anything from PayPal, I'll post it here.

I was wondering the same thing as I received an e-mail from someone detailing a part-time at home job that seems to good to be true. I am searching the net for information on them.

I am also looking into this company. Haven't found and negative info yet so gonna dig deeper. I did give the company some minor information so that they send me a employment contract that i can look over before i decide to work with them. The contract that they send you is a 12 month contract which is required to be signed and faxed back for employement. It appears to be a legitamate contract with all the requirements that a regular business would require. The company also gives you 2 options on accepting payments either through bank transfer (which of course would be a bad idea unless we know that its legit) and the other a check sent to your home address. The company also gives you 25 days of vacation time withing your first year of employment and also states that we as the employees will work to the best of our efforts.

I will be looking into this more before I continue with them. I know some of you have already contacted bbb (better business burea) online and others are trying to contact paypal since this feature is what is mainly used for to pay employer to employer money transfers. I will keep in touch.