Why does it seem like you *either* have to go to a church that sings hymns and is spiritually ...?

kind of dry or a church that clearly has LIFE in it but only sings repetitive praise choruses? I'm not against the praise choruses --- if people like them, great. But for me I have a *deep* love of old hymns --- it actually makes me feel *less* worshipful to sing praise choruses than to sing old hymns that... show more kind of dry or a church that clearly has LIFE in it but only sings repetitive praise choruses?

I'm not against the praise choruses --- if people like them, great. But for me I have a *deep* love of old hymns --- it actually makes me feel *less* worshipful to sing praise choruses than to sing old hymns that are packed full of God's truth.

Do I just need to suck it up and go to a church with music that I hate? Or go to a church where I'm totally excited to be praising God by singing hymns but everyone else seems half dead?

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm not trying to criticize anyone --- truly. But I feel like I have to sacrifice part of myself to go to either 'kind' of church!