Kid asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Do redheads have any unique traits?

I have stawberry-blonde hair and I have heard things about redheads having a high tolerance for narcotics and stuff like that. Is this true? Is there any other cool stuff about us redheads?

I think the narcotic/pain killer thing is true because when I go to the dentist novacain does absolutely nothing for me.

I agree that redheads are more prone to industrial deafness. I worked in a factory for a year and lost more hearing than most people according to the tests they perform.

Favorite Answer

Here are some interesting facts on redheads. Red hair is seen on the heads of only four percent of people. Most of these exist in the U.K., the Republic of Ireland, and Australia.

The highest percentage of natural redheads in the world is in Scotland (13%), followed closely by Ireland with 10%. In the US, about 2% of the population are natural redheads.

There is a belief that redheads are prone to industrial deafness. This actually could be true as the melanocytes are found in the middle ear.

The color Green tempers red. Look at a color chart. This is why redheads are taught as children to wear lots of green. As if red hair is a shameful state of being.

In the early 1600’s, at the end of the reign of Queen Elizabeth I, the belief of Pixies (aka fairies) emerged in southwest England. They were then and have since been strongly associated with red hair for their mischievousness and otherworldly talents.

A 2002 study found that redhead are harder to sedate than any other people requiring twenty percent more anesthesia. Inadequate doses cause people to wake up during surgery and have increased recall of procedures. (I can vouch that study is accurate)

Adults have about 120,000 hairs on their head; redheads have fewer, blondes have more, brunettes have the most.

Harvard Dermatologist Madhu Pathak calls redheads "three-time losers" because their red pigment is an inadequate filter of sunlight and their skin is more susceptible to sunburn, skin cancer and wrinkling with age. Wear your sun block !!! We are not losers though.

Red headedness is, genetically speaking, a recessive trait. It may appear after several generations of darker hair.

Redheads don't turn grey. Red hair turned sandy, then white. They are also found to loose their color later in life than people carrying other hair colors.

The perception of the color red, scientifically speaking, enhances the viewers metabolism and increases heart rate and respiration.

The first human redheads walked this earth about 50,000 years ago in Africa and then spread throughout Northern Europe.

The country name of Russia means "land of reds" in honor of a redheaded Viking by the name of Rurik.

Red-haired Clowns have their origins in Russia.

From the 1930’s to 1950;s in Cassville, Missouri, there existed a women’s basketball team called “The Redheads.” For a while they became the talk of the country and a much sought after exhibition team compared to the Harlem Globe trotters. It is important to note that they were not natural red heads, at least not all of them.

In the late 16th century, the fat of a redheaded man was an essential ingredient for poison.

Adams first wife Lilith, always depicted as a redhead, is known to have refused to lie beneath Adam during sexual intercourse, and stated” why should I lie beneath you when I am your equal since both of us were created from dust” –Patai

At St. Paul’s cathedral in London, figurines tell the story of the fall in the Garden of Eden. Adam points one hand to the forbidden fruit and the other to a golden haired Eve. Then the arch angel drives them from the garden. Adam with his fig leaf loops his arm around Eve who is now cowering and sporting a main of long red hair.

Similarly in the paintings of the Sistine Chapel in 1874, Michelangelo’s Temptation depicts a brown haired Eve being handed a red apple by a red headed bare breasted serpent woman (Satan manifested as woman of course carries red hair). In the adjacent fresco Eve is thrown out of the garden with a shameful face and a twist of red hair.

Eves’ red hair is seen as the stain of sin like the original scarlet letter. Later her son, Cain, will bare the red hair and also a fall from grace.

The first redheaded British monarch was a woman. Boudicca was a Celtic warrior was led her people, the Icenti, against the Romans in the C.E. 60’s.

Belief that redheads are witches is a folk belief in Germanic culture. From 1483-1784 thousands of suspected witches were nearly always stripped and searched for “marks of the devil”. These included any “abnormality” such as freckles, moles, warts, and birthmarks. Red hair was certainly considered an abnormality. Considering the freckle factor for redheads this was a deadly and shocking horror. Somewhere around 45,000 women were tortured and murdered usually by burning at the stake or by drowning.

The Egyptians regarded the color as so unlucky that they had a ceremony in which they burned red-headed maidens alive to wipe out the tint- Claudie De Lys.

British Press recently reported that that the MC1R (redhead gene) will be used in DNA testing to rule out, or in, if suspected killers in crime scenes are redheads. This will narrow a search if the gene is found to a small percentage of perpetrators. The hope is that next skin color and physical features will be detectable.-Marion Roach

In central Africa’s Cameroon redheaded albinos, called Nguenguerous, are believed also to come by this color by menstrual intercourse. The UN and other world organizations have studied and advocated for their rights as there have been allegations of the ritual murders in some regions of Africa.

Archaeological digs in the Chinese desert of Takla Makan found mummified redheads dating back 3,000 years.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Do redheads have any unique traits?

Source(s): redheads unique traits: https://tr.im/dez0G

Unique Red Hair

Yeah, redheads have red hair and they're usually a bit more rebellious than most people. I mean, openly rebellious. Like, I'm rebellious and I'm blonde, I just don't rebel against everything I see, ya know?

Oh, and strawberry blonde and redhead aren't the same thing. Just so you know.

I don't think that is true, but I don't know for sure. I do know that redheads are the most rare natural hair color. You have that going for you. My boyfriend is a redhead. And I have a friend that only dates red heads because she likes the color of their pubic hair. Fire crotch she calls it and it turns her on!

yes

they tend to have t-a-n which stands for tick attraction now.

and they have purple knee caps under the skin due to too much red in their pigment.

they also tend to have birthmarks under their nails, sometimes you cant see these unless you get an u-v xray.

that concluedes this session of what irregular traits red pigmented origins contain.

Source(s): anthony.

You Can Call Them Fanta Pubes

I don't really know that much cause i'm brunette. But, my friend' s x- boyfreind has a thing for red heads.

Novocain doesn't work for me either and my hair is blonde.

Usually red heads have fair skin, sensitive to light and a fire crotch.

Source(s): I have many red heads in my family.

I don't know if thats true.

They get freckles more so than brunnettes & blondes.

That's all I know.

& They don't tan well & are usually pale.