Question for people who have actually played High School , College or Pro Football?

Just a question if you have played Football in H.S. or College even Pro , If you and your team were getting your a-s-s handed to you during a game did you ask the other team or player across from you to take it easy on you to not make you look bad or did you just nutt up and do something about it , maybe let a... show more Just a question if you have played Football in H.S. or College even Pro , If you and your team were getting your a-s-s handed to you during a game did you ask the other team or player across from you to take it easy on you to not make you look bad or did you just nutt up and do something about it , maybe let a little pride take over just a thought , best answer 10 points.
Update: Great answers so far , and my point to all this is why in the hell is everyone so upset at what the Patriots are doing it is not their fault these the teams they are playing cannot keep up or compete , and I am not a Patriots fan and yes they killed my team this year but thats their fault .
Update 2: Good answer Josh !