is taking testosterone pill dangerous?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Testosterone is a male hormone, it is bad for woman yes, but unless you wanna look like Barry Bons (Big head) I suggest you don't take it.

Taking testosterone is not only bad for women but men as well. Testosterone is basically a muscle inhancement drug, but has many, many, many side affects that a man really doesn't want. For example, your chest muscles increase, exponentially, making them look like . . .

due to rules I really don't want to say that, but you get it.

Taking testosterone also causes infertility in males, not the way you'd think though. The sperm cells that are created after extensive use are made damaged, so that increases your chances, if you want to have a kid of course, of genetic miscalculation, for you slow ones mental retardation. That and many other things, such as trans-gender, and even hormone malfunctions. I'm talking in computer talk (miscalculation, malfunction) because the human body might as well work that way. So lay of the steroids man, do it the tough, sweaty way. Get ripped and show it off. If your freinds give you peer pressure tell em this, in 20 years I'll be ripped as hell, and in 20 years you'll be ripped as hell, but I'm gonna get all the chicks that like NORMAL heads, and can do somethin ...

Ladies it's a guy thing.

P.S. I'm in high school.

Source(s): I learned this in like Junior high man.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Ebonie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avtlK

I'm a trans man, I've been on Testosterone for three years now. Your question is, is it dangerous, the short answer to that is no one can know but you and your doctor what the risks are. Is there something preventing you from starting T and going through a doctor? taking pills are more taxing on your liver than gel,cream or injectable T. I would like to suggest asking a more in-depth question with the type of pill you intend to take, the ingredients, the manufacture, dose and frequency of use.

• 1 decade ago

No not at all. You get smaller testicles and a bit of rage, but you'll grow some hair on your chest! Get out there and pop some pills already!

(total sarcasm by the way)

If you were supposed to have more testosterone in your body, your body would produce it naturally. If you're trying to weight train or work out more effectively, try creatine and animal pack... they work great.

• 1 decade ago

Testosterone is a steroid hormone from the androgen group. Testosterone is primarily secreted in the testes of males and the ovaries of females, although small amounts are also secreted by the adrenal glands. It is the principal male sex hormone and an anabolic steroid. In both males and females, it plays key roles in health and well-being. Examples include enhanced libido, energy, immune function, and protection against osteoporosis. On average, an adult human male body produces about eight to ten times more testosterone than an adult female body

As testosterone affects the entire body (often by enlarging; men have bigger hearts, lungs, liver, etc.), the brain is also affected by this "sexual" advancement; the enzyme aromatase converts testosterone into estradiol that is responsible for masculinization of the brain in a male fetus.

There are some differences in a male and female brain (the result of different testosterone levels); a clear difference is the size, the male human brain is on average larger, however in females (who do not use testosterone as much) the corpus callosum is proportionally larger. This means that the effect of testosterone is a greater overall brain volume, but a decreased connection between the hemispheres.

The literature suggests that attention, memory, and spatial ability are key cognitive functions affected by testosterone in humans, though the literature is rather sparse. Preliminary evidence suggests that low testosterone levels may be a risk factor for cognitive decline and possibly for dementia of the Alzheimer’s type,[8] a key argument in Life Extension Medicine for the use of testosterone in anti-aging therapies. Much of the literature, however, suggests a curvilinear or even quadratic relationship between spatial performance and circulating testosterone,[9] where both hypo- and hypersecretion of circulating androgens have negative effects on cognition and cognitively-modulated aggressivity, as detailed above.

A lack of testosterone is strongly linked to depression and anxiety syndromes, when a lack of testosterone and a hypogondal state are the cause of such problems restortion of eugondal status by appropriate testosterone replacement often helps reduce or resolve such conditions.

Contrary to what has been postulated in outdated studies and by certain sections of the media, agressive behaviour is not typically seen in hypogondal men who have their testosterone replaced adequately to the eugonadal/normal range. In fact aggressive behaviour has associated with hypogonadism and low testosterone levels and it would seem as though supraphysiological and low levels of testosterone and hypogonadism cause mood disorders and aggressive behaviour, with eugondal/normal testosterone levels being important for mental well-being. Testosterone depletion is a normal consequence of aging in men. One consequence of this is an increased risk for the development of Alzheimer’s Disease (Pike et al, 2006, Rosario 2004).

hope not too much word...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Under doctors supervision yea but if abused for strengh training possibly. And if you dont have hormone balancers when you come off you could throw your hormones off and then cause irrevercible effects.

Source(s): muscule&fitness
  • 1 decade ago

When prescribed by a physician for certain medical conditions, no. When taken by idiots who want to grow big muscles, yes.

Let me ask YOU a question: do you want testicles the size of raisins?

Source(s): I'm a doctor. http://www.medicalminutepodcast.com
  • 4 years ago

Sure you are going to be wild so dont try dear

• 1 decade ago

ya it has many side effects.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.